Lucas Oil Stabilizer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like it would be good for an older engine that is "loose". It might stop some burning of oil ect. Otherwise, it doesn't look like it will do much except rob mileage per gallon.

Jeep...
I do not see a reduction of mpg while using this product, I still maintain 18-24 mpg on my diesel depending on driving habits and load.
I also ran in every oil change in last two vehicles with little or differance in mpg, I did notice when I got rid of my 98 Dodge with 200K mile it used zero oil and still managed 16-19 mpg (318 stock), my 03 Dodge liked it even better when pulling a load..I had less chatter and mpgs were similar to 98 Dodge.

Just finished oil change with Rotella T & LOS, low mileage (3.5K)..I am sending next day air so should have results by Thursday.

Ok here is the UOA for the Lucas 5 to 1 blend onmy Dodge...

The truck has seen 5 trips )400 miles round trip) towing , block tractors ect...rest is typical stop and go. I guess I am confused on the partical count note..hopefully they can straighten out since I have added a B50 bypass setup.

If not listed it is zero:
Aluminum: 4
Chromium: 1
Iron: 32
Copper: 6
Lead: 1
Tin: 3
Moly:15
Manganese: 1
Silver: 1
Potassium: 20
Boron: 42
Silicon: 16
Sodium: 4
Calcium: 2055
Magnesium: 7
Phosphorus: 1065
Zinc: 1126
Barium: 3

TBN: 7.7
Partical count : 19/16
Visc: 89.3
Insolubles: .3
Miles on vehicle:4324
Miles on Oil:3324
Diesel Kleen 1.5 oz to 10 gallons (every tank)
K&N Filters
Rotella T & LOS (5to1)
Wix oil filter
crazy.gif

Yes I have 4300 on the truck, but it was my 6 month interval. I have added a B50 bypass and will sample again at about the same mileage to keep it on the level.

Brian,

I was just posting results of the virgin LOS an a blend of Rotell T & LOS, I guess there is no real data to show it did anything...but on the other hand it did not show anything negative..So I would assume everyone can make thier own choice to run or not??

Saw Synthetic Lucas Oil Stabilizer on the shelf the other day (same bottle, but black labelling). Is that stuff any different or just a synthetic version of the regular stuff??

It is slightly thinner and I believe a little bit better stuff...but even more expensive and still not worth it.

there's good money in selling this stuff.......
Lucas has purchased naming rights to the new football stadium here in Indianapolis.......that takes some serious bucks and I assume anticipates even more serious return on the advertising investment

One of my mechanics at work swears by this stuff. Claims it made his 6.9L Ford diesel go for 400,000 miles. He added one gallon with each oil change (IIRC, around 12 quarts total fill) and he just loves it. My question to him was what kind of mileage would the truck have gotten to if it were never used? Of course nobody could accurately answer that. I even showed him this thread, and he's still not convinced. Oh well.

As for the color of the product, to me it looks identical to regular old run of the mill 80w90 gear oil. A slight greenish tint to an otherwise golden colored oil.

All I can say is I'm getting much better gas mileage, its 10% greater and I no longer use any oil. Come time for my oil change I use to see about 1/2 quart down on the dip stick. Now it shows full on the dip stick. I never see the foam on the dip stick either, it always look like any other oil in color to me. If you put oil and Lucas stabilizer in a gear box with straight teeth gears you will put air in the oil, It was engine noise in cold weather that made me buy it, says it coats ehgine parts and it did quite it down. So what if it foams. I know my parts are coated with oil, Lucas is made from oil, its an oil product, oil from oil. Call it an additive, your adding oil to oil.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back