Cars you OWNED and Loved to drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick 2 line descriptions of cars you loved to drive and why

1972 Landcruiser FJ-40 SBC 40" Gumbo mudders red imron
Built with dad in high school daily drove and raced in mud bogs on weekends 4 wheelin machine bean bag chair back seat.

1976 Trans AM 400 4 spd black 75th anniv. I am the bandit ha ha 22 yrs old

84 Supra 5 spd Bought as soon as finished college Drove 7 yrs and 256 k miles. Leather Recaros were a pleasure to sit in. Loved car but body rotted off

90 Supra turbo. Nice refined car. chicks loved it freind took me for a wild #@$%! ride in his GTA trans am and I was Done with anything less than a V8

94 Pontiac Formula LT1 350 275 hp black on black Sick fast at the time and sounded mean. very comfortable daily driver with 2.73 gears and 25 mpg

2000 TA LS1 6 spd black on black The Batmobile Ridiculous fast and fun. Sold for family reasons New baby.

98 Camaro SS LS1 Auto Black on black. Bought with 98k on clock for $5k longtube headers straight pipes open borla and a 3600 stall. Beat it like a rent a car. most fun ever.

These cars put a smile on my face just climbing behind the wheel. What about you guys. Please no negativity.

BMW Z4 was fun and could scare a passenger on narrow winding roads

I regret selling my mildly built 2002 Tacoma that I was running on 33" Baja Claws, When everywhere I wanted to go.

My 1968 beat up VW bug(teen driver beat it up, that was me). I got my hands on Bus transmission and built the engine with oversized Carb, a getter distributor, a lumpy hot cam and had it balanced, line bored and a case saver installed at the machine shop. Probably didn't put out great numbers but at least I put it together myself when I was 15 and 16 Having bought the car for 300 bucks with the engine in a box in the back seat. Drum brakes all around so That low geared transaxle was handy.

1976 Ford Capri with 2.8 V6. Loved the throaty exhaust note and handling on Pirelli CN36 meats (advanced for their time). It was basically stock with the exception of an Interpart street spook front spoiler because I was a poor state employee (and still am). It had a gutsy engine - too bad the rear axle bearings could not handle the torque and had to be replaced too frequently. I had to sell it after 96K fun filled miles because we bought a house and my wife had a newer car that she no longer drove.
driving.gif

1969 VW Bug. Rough ride, no AC, slow as #@$%!, but there's something about these cars that really grows on you.

1973 LJ Torana which I built the engine and suspension myself triple carbs, high comp, would rattle away for 20 seconds after you turned the ignition off after playing games.

BJ42 Landcruiser (only out in the bush).

1987 J-Car wagon (Holden Camira). You could thrash it, and still not draw attention to yourself.

'91 & '97 Isuzu Rodeo's, have taken us to more states, backroads, wild country then most other vehicles/people will ever see; neither one of them has had an easy life, and yet they kept/keep on giving and never have left us stranded.

1981 Honda Accord - Could not get it stuck in the mud or ice/snow regardless of how i tried. Got great gas mileage and was extreamily reliable till i sold it at 160,000 miles (Used Pennzoil 10w40).

2001 Mazda 626 (current car) because its the most plush and fastest car i've owned to date, and it makes road trips fun! (Used far too many different oils to count)

'92 Accord 2.2L - Peppy, rode like it was on rails...just wish it had been a MT.

'07 Accord 3.0L - My new baby...love it...handles great, great acceleration, fast, smooth as silk, powerful, looks, reliability...the whole package IMHO.

'85 T-Bird 5.0L - Not that fast, but handled great for a bigger car...looked good too...cool features for its time

'01 Ford Ranger XLT 3.0L - Not fast, not good on slick roads, not great handling...but it was my first truck, and I loved it! Solid as a tank, and engine was bulletproof.

'99 Ford Taurus 3.0L - Not fast, but handled pretty well, rode great, and had that bulletproof 3.0L Vulcan.

cheers.gif

My favorite car was a 1974 914 Porsche. It had racing tires and handled great. I used the spoiler as a snow plow when I drove it from San Francisco to Wisconsin. Then I broke the speedometer cable when going onto the freeway and Tony took the keys away and told me I had to drive the Toyota. He later gave the car to our son. For a while I drove a '68 Mustang but he gave that one to our son also. For some reason I have a lead foot when it comes to sporty cars. Now I drive a Mazda which is alright considering I wont get tickets for excessive speed.

My 2nd car I bought back in my senior year of high school (2004). It was a `91 BMW 318is (the E30 generation) with 200k on the clock but it was tight as a drum! Then I swapped in a `95 M3 engine...what a great learning experience and not to mention a hoot to drive.

Unfortunately, college rolled around and I ran out of time and money so I had to let it go.

Currently my `97 318ti has a coilover suspension with linear spring rates (450/550) and specially tuned Bilstien's and other various components that really have turned it into a go-kart. Not to mention I'm running 17x8.5 wheels all around (245/40/17).

1981 Cutlass Supreme Brogham. Like driving a couch.
1990 Dodge Spirit. The most practical car ever. Bulletproof.
1997 Chrysler Sebring coupe. Held the road like a dream, too bad it was underpowered and sorta cheap.
1997 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP. Torque!

1965 Ford Galaxy 500 XL Convertable. A sofa for a back seat and a four barrel 428 that was almost a top tier hot car. Rusting and/or rotting in big brother's garage I believe.

1971 Karman Ghia Coupe. A one piece Italian body with German guts that was easy to maintain, repair and the ONLY car I regret not keeping forever.

Mine was 72 Honda S600 sedan. Two cylinders, air cooled and a blast to drive. I put Koni shocks and wheels and rain tires and wheels from a Formula III car adapted to the honda stud pattern. This car was untouchable on freeway ramps. There was not need to slow down for most of them, except to keep from hitting other cars. The driving rule was that if it's not good at speeding up, don't slow down. The car was unbreakable. You could beat it all day and it never missed a beat. The engine was modified lots of different ways and nothing broke. I'd like to buy if back but it's gone forever.

I've only owned two cars, a 2004 grand am and my current 94 corolla.

94 corolla 5-spd. Compared to some of my friends cars (saturn, sentra, civic, jetta, chrysler, celica91) this car feels more refined, solid, is the fastest of the bunch and gets the best MPG (because of the 5-spd). I paid less than them all for this car too and mine is the only car out of the bunch that hasnt had a breakdown.

1947 GMC 1/2 ton pickup when I got out of hs and my current driver, '88 528e The BMW isnt fast off the line, but is great fun in the twisties

1968 Cutlass S with a 350 v-8 Rocket. 4 barrel card with 850 cfm jets and 2 speed "Jet away" tranny. All stock and fast. Top end was M (at the bottom of the speedo was MPH, needle was go to M).

1978 Datsun B 210. I-4 with 4 speed. Fast-No but was my first car with a stick shift. Loved going threw the gears. Two bolts would uncork the exhaust. Top end 110 mph

1992 Chevy Camero V-8 last of this body style. Mass Torque. This car could stay in over drive down to 30 mph and still pull away. I onlu beat the Mustang v-8 GT of that day maybe 2 out of 10 times but I give them all they could handle. Just the sound of this car put a smile on my face. Top end was computer limited to 115 mph (sick, as I hit this so easy)

1994 Geo Tracker. Power-none. But this little thing could roll right past everything in the mud. I've owned many 4wd and this was the best off roader.

2002 VW Beatle with 2.0 Turbo. Was very cool at the time (had a 1999 also) Really not that fast on take off but top end was 135 mph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back