Barium 0

SuS@210F 63.1

Flash_F 410

Fuel % -

Antifrz % -

Water % 0.0

Insoles % 0.0

TBN 10.6

No problems showed up in this sample of virgin oil. The additives show it was a gasoline engine oil and the viscosity was in the light 30W range which would be normal for a new 5W/30 or 10W/30. The TBN was strong at 10.6, and this can be used as the "starting point" measurement of the active additive that is left in the oil after a period of use. No wear metals, water, or insolubles were found. Boron, calcium, and magnesium and detergent/dispersant additives, while molybdenum, phosphorus and zinc are anti-wear additives. This is serviceable oil.

Enjoy All!

Chuck

I don't know what's up with the code feature...used to be it'd preserve the formatting, now all it does it get you close.
frown.gif

Please, someone, fix this!

Chuck

I see the Truck&SUV 5w30 is an A5/B5 rated oil unlike the Std Mobil 5w30 which is only an A1/B1 rating. I believe the higher A5/B5 rating indicates a more robust oil that can stand up to longer usage.

Quote:

FYI: My link in this thread is to the Mobil-1 5W-30 Extended Performance, which is also an A5/B5 rated oil.

Chuck

but newer bottles of 5w-30 EP no longer read A5/B5. here is the link... i am just as confused.

Link to my thread

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back