Motomaster SE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing!
worshippy.gif
I'm going to check out the Motomaster LXR tires on my parents' vehicle later on.

Keep in mind though, that just because a good company makes them, doesn't make the tire good... they are made to spec for Canadian Tire, although manufacturing quality might be okay.

Got them on my sonoma pick-up great tires ,wear well,smooth ride and you can,t beat the warranty I believe they are made by goodyear but I could be wrong
canada.gif

Hi,

I've just bought a set of Motomaster SE from Canadian Tire. They're supposed to last 115000km (70000mi) and look pretty decent. Not to forget: the price is great!
I wonder who actually makes them?

quote:

Originally posted by 4DSC:
Amazing!
worshippy.gif
I'm going to check out the Motomaster LXR tires on my parents' vehicle later on.

Keep in mind though, that just because a good company makes them, doesn't make the tire good... they are made to spec for Canadian Tire, although manufacturing quality might be okay.

Just to update, I was changing the oil on said vehicle today, and they DID mount them all with the DOT number on the inside!
tongue.gif
I couldn't find a DOT number anywhere previously.

The LXRs start with "BH", which according to the link is Uniroyal-Goodrich out of Kitchener Ontario... but the TireBusiness site lists "BH" as "Groupe Michelin(Uniroyal-Gooodrich)".

The guy at Canadian Tire said they were made by Michelin, but does Michelin own BF Goodrich/Uniroyal?
confused.gif

Yes, for the most part. Michelin is part owner of BF Gooodrich which is partners with Uniroyal. It is basically a joint venture to make sure that they together can have a hold of as much the different market shares as possible.

To note, Michelin may not sound high performance enough to some consumers, especially when they advertise the baby sitting in the tire! so they have Goodrich tires for a sporty image, and drag tires.

Keep in mind that michelin does compete in F1 racing, and WRC rally.

quote:

Originally posted by Hajoca:
Yes, for the most part. Michelin is part owner of BF Gooodrich which is partners with Uniroyal. It is basically a joint venture to make sure that they together can have a hold of as much the different market shares as possible.

To note, Michelin may not sound high performance enough to some consumers, especially when they advertise the baby sitting in the tire! so they have Goodrich tires for a sporty image, and drag tires.

Keep in mind that michelin does compete in F1 racing, and WRC rally.

Thanks, that makes perfect sense. One thing that Michelin IS associated with though, is quality and making high-end tires. I can't say that these tires are anything special (not that the fact that they make them guarantees quality), but they are doing their job well I suppose.

They do brown an awful lot though, cripes!
mad.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back