american equivalent of LHL68 hydraulic oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
im looking for some oil i can buy in the usa that goes in my personal linde forklift. the hydraulics spec "LHL68".

i havent been able to find any lhl68 or an equivalent anywhere in the usa yet.

Call any major oil distributor and ask for a "AW 68 Hydraulic oil" they may have a couple brands to choose from buy the cheapest.
bruce

I'm in the fluid power business, and feel that the recommendation to add a standard ISO VG 68 fluid to LHL68 may not be wise. The viscosity will be the same, yes; but Europe (and the US) has lots of special fluids that may be incompatible.

I've seen miserable problems when incompatible fluids were used; that is not to say that you need to use fluids with Linde on the can, but until I determined what it is, I would.

Here in the US, we are lucky that Vickers, Denison, and Cincinnati created tests for satisfactory fluids; but there are several synthetics, glycols, and petroleum fluids that meet those specs. Some intermixes make a MESS.

I'd at least lay my hand on the MSDS for the Linde fluid before destroying the hydraulics on that piece of equipment. Linde may, in their manuals, give suitable fluids. Their website is http://www.linde-forklifts.com/en/en.html

George I make lubes the HL spec in europe is a rust and oxidation inhibited oil more like what we call a turbine oil. You are right about mixing of base oil types BUT HL is a mineral oil I was WRONG on recomending a AW oil it should be a R+O oil only.

BUT then I have NEVER seen any problems by using a AW in place of a R+O oil. And looking for a few gallons of a AW68 is a lot easier than a turbine 68.
bruce

the Schaeffers #115 can work in your app.,,best to flush system,run a bit ,flush again ,,will work great,the #184 Schaeffers can also work,but the above is better to use......BL

Ah, so LHL is an HL fluid to ISO 6074. We would not generally recommend that for mobile hydraulics, certainly not outdoor mobile machinery. An HLP or HM are better, and if other criteria are met, an HVLP would be preferred. There have to be awfully good reasons to NOT use the (HLP type) AW68 you first recommended; it should be compatible for a change leaving only a little old oil in the system, but I agree with your review and suggesting not adding.

this forklift is stored indoors, it is never left out in the elements, although it is brought outside to be used outdoors from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back