Mitsubishi Power steering fluid??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Magna and just out of intrest i have noticed that the Power steering Fluid according to the Manual is only meant to be Mitsibubishi type power steering fluid, that you can only get from Mitsubishi.

Is there any Other hydraulic fluids that are the same?? that arnt Mitsubishi only fluid that i could use.

It seems Mitsubishi have there own Auto fluid as well....Type M...which can be bought after market..but the power steering fluid dosnt seem to have an after market product.

Just curious.

quote:

Originally posted by ACE E28:
I have a Magna and just out of intrest i have noticed that the Power steering Fluid according to the Manual is only meant to be Mitsibubishi type power steering fluid, that you can only get from Mitsubishi.

Is there any Other hydraulic fluids that are the same?? that arnt Mitsubishi only fluid that i could use.

It seems Mitsubishi have there own Auto fluid as well....Type M...which can be bought after market..but the power steering fluid dosnt seem to have an after market product.

Just curious.

I see that your are from Australia, I'm not sure what a Mitsubishi magna is but I have a 92 Mitsubishi Mirage econobox. The same car is called Lancer elsewhere. I've been using Redline D4 ATF for power steering now for almost two years with no problems. Redline D4 ATF (Dexron III) for tranny also. I did buy the car used so I didn't have a manual at all. I went by a Haynes repair manual for lubricant specs. So far so good.

Magna is Diamante i beleive.

My Haynes sez Only use Mitsibubishi type power steering fluid.

I was considering using ATF.

I got the mitsubishi stuff in the end..just more curious as to why it would be so diffrent.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back