Nissan Matic-K alternatives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 04 Maxima and I figure it's about time to start a drain and refill routine for the tranny fluid. However, Nissan reccomends use of only their own Matic-K fluid. I haven't been able to find any fluid that says it is compatible except for possibly Valvoline Max Life.

From what I can gather, there really isn't anything special about the Matic-K. But this is a newly designed 5 speed auto, and I don't want to damage it, by putting the wrong fluid in it.

If I couldn't find this exact fluid elsewhere, I would CERTAINLY go to the Nissan dealer and purchase it and keep the receipt as proof. Why take a chance to save a few bucks? Just my thoughts, others will vary. Stan

Valvoline Maxlife ATF is the only aftermarket alternative that I'm aware of, and it is avaliable for $3/qt at most Walmarts and Kragen's.

If Mola can blend some, then it'd be even better, however, he charges about $7/qt.

Mike

Skip the mineral oil Maxlife and use the synthetic blend Valvoline MerconV which also can be used in Nissan D/J/K applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back