kohler oil filter part #

Status
Not open for further replies.
is there a different brand of filter that i can use? the manual lists 2 part # for kohler filters 12 050 01-s and 52 050 02-s. would like to be able to buy at wal-mart etc. is tere a auto filter that would work in its place and not cause any engine damage?

I'd have to look it up again, but there was a Wix equivilant to this Kohler filter, but NAPA and Carquest got almost as much money for it as the OEM filter.

Tractor Supply Company seems to have the best price on genuine Kohler filters.

I use STP S3512 gotten at Autozone for a little more than 3 bucks. Others that fit are Wix 51056, Purolator L35310, Fram PH 8172, AC PF2210. Longer filter is Purolator L10241, Wix 51348.

There is a bunch of other threads on this, but the motorcraft FL400S (or x-ref of your choice) is the same diameter, gasket and threads as the kohler OEM, just 2X as long. I run the napa gold or carquest premium version on my kohler command 20hp (horiz shaft)

Joel

HOLD IT!!! My kohler oil filter has a 35psi bypass valve. The filter is short, but I found a longer version with roughly the same bypass valve setting. It is a Napa Gold 1342. Purolator makes a pureone the crosses to the napa also. The longer version is easier for me to change in my genset.

Originally Posted by FleetFilter.com
We are the cheapest on WIX/NG filters. The 51056 is $5.19 each, and the 51348 is $2.79 each.
Bryan

Yeah until you add shipping cost lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back