Magnesium 2
Zinc 1
Potassium 1
Phosphorus 3
Calcium 1080

Physical Properties
TBN 3
TAN 0
Vis@100 C (cSt) 5.7 Low end of SAE 20 weight.

Well, what can I say. This oil has a caramel-colored dye and also comes in a yellow bottle with labeling. It has a thin oil carrier (barely 20 weight mineral oil) and has about 1/3 the dose of calcium as an OTC fully formulated motor oil. No Anti-Wear additives as in Rislone. Not worth (IMHO) the $2.19 I paid for it.

See comments on Rislone. The same applies here.

[ March 11, 2003, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: MolaKule ]

Mola,
Thanks for getting those tested and posting them here. Unless there is some property of those additives that is missed in an analysis, then only one conclusion can be drawn; they are complete garbage. I haven't seen VOA of any oil, mineral or synth., that has less deteregents than those two things you tested. I bet places like these forums make hucksters cringe with the knowledge that we have the impetus and means to analyze their crap and prove them to be full of it.

Thanks,

I found no oil carriers that might show it to be an ester, just plain old mineral oil and pretty light at that.

For CD2, the calcium sulfonate is the only worthwhile ingredient, but not at $2+ a bottle.
I can get more detergents from Walmarts SuperTech and at a cheaper price.

Gee, so the people I talked to who have tried this (with success) to eliminate a sticky lifter probably would have done all right just to change their oil.
dunno.gif

--- Bror Jace

If a person had sticky hydraulic lifters, CD2 might make sense in one regard: The thin carrier oil and detergency in combination with a regular dino oil change (minus one quart that the Rislone makes up for) would result in roughly twice the detergent dose in a proportionately overall lighter weight fill, and it just might free the lifters. If it works, though, I'd drain and refill with my customary oil as soon as the lifters quited down. (Just 'cause the gunk finally went into suspension doesn't mean it would stay that way for 3,000 miles or more...) Just a thought - YMMV.

[ March 12, 2003, 02:28 PM: Message edited by: Ray H ]

You'd probably have better luck with Delvac 1300.

To free sticky valves, I use Neutra at a rate of 16 oz to 5 quarts of oil as a flush.

"Well, what can I say. This oil has a caramel-colored dye and also comes in a yellow bottle with labeling. It has a thin oil carrier (barely 20 weight mineral oil) and has about 1/3 the dose of calcium as an OTC fully formulated motor oil. No Anti-Wear additives as in Rislone. Not worth (IMHO) the $2.19 I paid for it. "

No solvents detected (in my home lab), just a 15 weight oil and some detergent.

ok well i dont know what CD-2 you tested, but the ones around here in ther yellow bottle is like MMO, definetly solvents.... which would not show up?

Thanks for testing this stuff. I was searching for this exact thread. Wondered what was in that yellow bottle (though now it's 2007 and the formulation has apparently changed). Anybody have newer analysis of the yellow bottle CD2 detergent additive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back