Photos of Supertech ST7317 (Honda V6) & ST3675 (GM V8) Used Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Just got done changing the oil out of the 2000 Silverado (4.8 V8) and 2005 Vue with Honda 3.5 V6.

The Chevy had 3 months and 4000 miles on it. Oil used was Pennzoil 10w-30 SL conventional. (my truck has over 50k on it)
shocked.gif

The Vue had 3 months and 6000 miles on it. Oil used was Pennzoil 5w-20 SM conventional.

Any "grit" was from the cutting open of the filter. The Chevy filter has sat for a week and the Vues was today.

Both filters cut open;

-

The honda filter;

-

Close up of the ST7317 media;

-

Close up of the St3675 media;

-

As normal, all filter pleats were complete and secure in the ends. No gaps or media coming apart.

The Ecore (The chevy filter) its ends were secure and all was good.

Both rubber valves were in tact and pliable.

I'm happy with the performance of these filters and for the $$, they are an excellent item IMO.
cheers.gif

Take care, Bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Captain Howdy:
Darn it Bill, I can't see your photos. Ever.

Really?

Try clearing out your cache and try again?

quote:

Originally posted by Clyde65:
Well they look to have good size entry holes. How much did these filters cost Bill?

They are $2.07 per at your local Wal-Mart.
grin.gif

Take care, Bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

The 3675 looks to have tighter pleats than the 7317. Also I see the 7317 is the old style metal caps/center.

You do know your engines are going to blow up using these filters, right (in about 450,000 miles from now)
wink.gif

This kind of value is why I can't bring myself to spend more than 4 bucks on any oil filter. I just can't justify a price higher than that for any modest design improvements.

The filters look, and as you described, well constructed. But how do you know how well of a job they did in filtering without particle counts?

Filter guy repeatedly tells us we're ninnies for trying to judge filtering quality by looking at the filter media with the naked untrained eye.

Whether they're $2 or $10 filters, they need some form of meaningful objective testing to distinguish how well they filter is the only point I'm making.

427Z06...

So what "form of meaningful objective testing" do you have from other filter companies as a comparison?

And as you are probably aware, here is a thread on my Super Tech Ecore with FULL information including lab testing on the element.
http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=002847

Haven't seen lab testing of an element with other brands of filters since i've been on here.

I'll make you an offer:
Why don't you use an E-core ( or Super Tech) and you send it to the lab for testing. Provided you do oil analysis and particle count testing on your engine currently. You can send your oil analysis off to your lab and Champ will test the filter for you.

Then you will have a "form of meaningful objective testing".

The only requirement I have is that you post the information including previous particle count testing on the filter brand you have used up to the Super Tech for comparison purposes for all to read.

Deal?

427ZO6,

I'll be glad to send you a couple of the EAO oil filters if you'll pay for the particle count. Should be like shooting fish in a barrel...
wink.gif

Please PM me with a shipping address....

TS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back