ST 3614 cut open *pics*

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Super Tech 3614 E-core*
I used this filter for my 1st Auto-Rx clean phase. Put about 1,500 miles on it. I don't see any problems with it. The endcaps are very hard to pull off, I ended up tearing the media when I tired to pull the bottom endcap off.

-

-

I'm glad to hear that the endcaps were secure.

I was disappointed with the STP that I disassembled and the endcaps peeled off easily. I'll bet that has to do with the thin STP media having less "bondability" to coin a term.

looks good. i have had my doubts about the whole ecore design, but it seems to be doing fairly well. Does anybody have any data about element collapse on those things? from reading their brochure, they "claim" to have a higher collapse pressure, but i dont really believe it. i believe that the plastic "cage" is stronger then the traditional metal center tube, but there is more open area and it seems like the pressure across the media would make the media blow through those big openings. does that make sense to everybody? another issue i have thought about is the end cap material. those things seem like they would break apart easily and send particles of end cap material to the engine, because the fibers seem too "loose." who knows?! they dont make a filter for my car anyways, so ill just stick to my wix and be happy!

quote:

It is my imagination, or does the E-Core have more paper media than the older 'clicker valve' type oil filters ?

I dunno
confused.gif
Let's see if this gives us a comparative view. This the ST16:

-

-

Does look like the pleats are somewhat more compressed there
dunno.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back