Help me cross reference an Onan 20hp oil Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Wheelhorse lawn tractor with a Onan 20 HP engine. I'd like to find a high quality oil filter that cost around $5 or $6 not the $10 to $20 I'm paying at the lawn mower shop every year.
The Onan part number is 122-0445 or 122-0800. Its a 8-11 PSI pressure relief, anti-drain
Thread 3/4"-16
Size OD 3"
Height 4 3/8"
30 micron

Thanks Denny2w

Denny,

The NAPA Gold (WIX) catalog cross references those two filters to NAPA part no. 1762.

I feel your pain my friend, I just bought one for my Dad's Wheel Horse. I bought the Napa filter a few times but it was only $2 cheaper than the Onan filter.

You are only changing the filter once a year,If the assurance of having the correct filter along with the piece of mind of having one doe'snt out weigh the additional 1 time cost per year then I would go with a filter from a good aftermarket company that soley makes aftermarket parts for lawnmowers and air cooled engines, Stens, Rotary, are 2 company's that make aftermarket parts. I have heard of issues pertaining to aftermarket filters but Im sure you have heard them also.

If it's any help Cummins Engine Company owns Onan.

They also own Fleetguard Filter Company.

122-0445, 122-0800 both cross to Fleetguard part number LF3339.

Filter guy, you just answered my other question. I was wondering who made the Onan brand filter. You can bet Cummins Engine would use there own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back