Rain-ex Latitudes ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
These were the most expensive thing wal mart had at around $17 average per blade, ive never tried them. I went ahead and picked up 3 sets for both cars and the truck in my sig. $110 later and im hoping i didnt waste my money. Any info ? good product ?

You should be happy with them... Had some other Rainx wipers before.

Im sure you will be happy with them. I got some Bosch Marathons (a step down from the Latitudes) and like them for the most part, they miss one small section on the window though.

I love bosch Icons. Rain-x Lats are the equivalent. They won't last for very long (about 6 months) but they will maintain absolutely perfect performance for that time. They are worth their weight in gold if you absolutely need them in the worst weather imaginable.

I put a set of Latitudes on my truck when I got it 2 1/2 years ago. They still work like new.

On the other hand, I got a set for the wife's Jeep and they were junk within 6 months. However, she hits the wipers whenever there's 2 drops of rain on the windshield so that probably contributes to the wear and tear.

Have nothing but good things to say about these wipers. Put a set on my Benz in 08 and still worked great up until early this year when I sold the car. These are the only wipers I use now.

I have about 10 of these wipers in my stash. Actually, they're the REPEL(same as the Latitude's) I bought them from BigLot's on closeout for $10/blade in various sizes for our vehicles and rear wiper apps. I like to keep'em on hand.

I first tried them when I noticed them on the market about '09 and have been using them ever since. TARGET has them a little cheaper than W*M and they can often be found at closeout stores. And all major autoparts stores in my area carry them...Latitude's ONLY(REPEL's have been discontinued)

[The only difference from the Latitude's to the Repel's is, with the Repel's, they came with a foil pouch application/solution for the glass prior to wiper install]

The only bad thing that I have found about the Latitude/Repel is that they often tear easily at their "Flip/Flop Point" after about 6mo-1yr, usually at the bottom edge. I usually just snip it off so the tear doesn't spread. Once they start to tear again/more, I replace them.

Most brand new Latitude's from the major stores last ~ 2 years but, the ones from the closeout stores seem to be old stock and the rubber may have deteriorated over time causing them to tear.

I've seen the Latitude's cost as much as $1 per inch or, upto $28 for a 28" blade but, often carry a rebate on them if you buy 2...at the major autoparts stores.

I currently have some other BEAM Style Wiper Blades in my stash that I will be trying in the near future.

* Valvoline Beam Wiper Blades $6/ea

* Invisible Glass Beam Wipers $5/ea

I have not tried the Anco, Bosch, Michelin, Trico, Valeo Beam Style Wiper Blades or any of the other boutique silicone blades.

Last edited:
First, if you have not opened the packages and Advance Auto Parts has a store near you: Return the blades to WM and order them online from AAP, with one of their 40% off discount codes. (TRT41 is $40 off a $100 order, and DOW 44 is $50 off $125, last I looked. If that has expired, there are always new codes. See the Product Rebates forum.)

That should save you enough money to make it worth the trip to the stores.

As for the Latitudes: Excellent blade, especially for winter. I have them on my Saturn, installed last November. The debate now is whether to replace them for this winter. Conventional wisdom from online reviews is correct, in my experience:

They are no better (or worse) than standard blades in ordinary rain or non-frozen precip. They really shine in winter, though; ice and snow do not build up on the base of the blade (not sure what is the technical term for "base") due to the way it is constructed. Plan on at least a solid year out of the Latitudes. Anything beyond that depends on usage, climate, vehicle, etc.

Some reviewers claim the Latitude does not adhere to the shape of their windshield very well, but I have found just the opposite. That's vehicle-specific, I suspect.

If you drive in winter weather and got a good deal on them---with a probably better deal available at AAP---it's definitely worth it.

The rain-x washer fluid compliments them REALLY well. I don't have to rain-x my windshield nearly as often since I've switched to their fluid. Very important to have rain-x and good wipers in my climate.

It's a typical beam design. Nothing remarkable about it. As long as they don't do anything stupid like coat the rubber with the actual Rain-X fluid, I suspect they'll work fine.

I am in utter amazement.. these blades are now installed on all three of my autos and work absolutely amazing.. deff worth there weight.. Unfortunately i reopened this thread after i opened and installed so no returning them for discount codes.. oh well. im still pleased.

Originally Posted By: OtisBlkR1
I am in utter amazement.. these blades are now installed on all three of my autos and work absolutely amazing.. deff worth there weight.. Unfortunately i reopened this thread after i opened and installed so no returning them for discount codes.. oh well. im still pleased.

Exactly! The next time you buy'em, use the discount code#'s then
smile.gif
...Look for them at closeout stores such as Big Lot's and Ollie's if you have either in you area.

Even though they don't always have the wipers in my exact size(s), I'll buy them in some "close enough" sizes as long as they're not tooooo long. Shorter is better and you'll never notice a wiper that is 2" less than what's called for.

For example, one of my cars(others are similar) calles for D: 27"/P: 17"...I'll use D: 24"-26" & P: 16"-18". I don't even miss the extra length in the area of glass that I actually look through.

Often the shorter wipers seat better against the glass
smile.gif

Last edited:
Yes, mine worked great...for only a couple of months.

I will replace the left one soon with a standard design, and the right one when it fails.

I will not buy any more of them.

Just replaced Latitudes on both vehicles after a year and a half. Latitudes went back on the wifey's truck, and my car got Trico's new heavy duty blade (Onyx or Force). So far (1 day), I am VERY impressed by the new Tricos.

Originally Posted By: Mr_Incredible
Yes, mine worked great...for only a couple of months.

I will replace the left one soon with a standard design, and the right one when it fails.

I will not buy any more of them.

I've read reviews from other that didn't care for the Latitudes. As with any product, they're not for all vehicles.

Thus far though, I really like the BEAM Style Blades better than the other kind that I've used over the years. And I am really liking the fact that with my aging eyes, I can see in the foul weather at night :0 Wheeew!

My wife called me at work today thanking me over and over for her new wiper blades, she says they are the best blades and the clearest windshield she has ever had.. considering she is toting around my kids in that car it makes me happy she is so pleased with them. I have to admit they are flawless on my silverado and my Accord.. I havent been this impressed with a product for one of the cars in some time..

There are many good reviews in this post alone! Although, nothing is perfectly suitable for every vehicle and the Latitude's are no exception! I do like'em very much and will continue to use them for our cars.

With clean interior glass, Rain-X Original Glass Treatment(or your favorite brand) and some new blades(Latitude or another brand) are mine/your friend. I feel safe and I feel confident that my family can see clearly and is safe too ecpecially in night time foul weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back