Castrol/Transmax ATF Full Synthetic Multi-Vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have any of you used Castrol/Transmax ATF full synthetic multi-vehicle transmission fluid?

I've never heard of this ATF, and haven't seen it in stores. I have used Castrol Transmax Multi-Vehicle for the past 60k miles. I understand it is a synthetic blend.

It's probably good stuff, but not worth going out of your way for. The full syn will be at least as good as the more widely-sold syn blend that you're using now.

Maxlife is now full-synthetic, and much less expensive and more available

There's also Mag 1 full synthetic for really really cheap.

Hi,
hypervish - Yes, I used this excellent product in my Porsche

I have extensive user knowledge of Castrol's driveline synthetic lubricants over many years. They amongst the best available and well worth the money

Originally Posted By: Doug Hillary
Hi,
hypervish - Yes, I used this excellent product in my Porsche

I have extensive user knowledge of Castrol's driveline synthetic lubricants over many years. They amongst the best available and well worth the money

This is my impression especially from folks that post on European car forum sites. Plus that fact that Castrol is OE fluid in many European cars especially German models.

Originally Posted By: hypervish
Have any of you used Castrol/Transmax ATF full synthetic multi-vehicle transmission fluid?

I've never heard of this ATF, and haven't seen it in stores. I have used Castrol Transmax Multi-Vehicle for the past 60k miles. I understand it is a synthetic blend.

The Transmax Multi Vehicle Trans fluid is Not syntheic... Its regular.

UPDATE,

Sorry I thought you were talking about the

TRANSMAX™ IMPORT MULTI-VEHICLE

Your correct the TRANSMAX™ FULL SYNTHETIC MULTI-VEHICLE
Castrol® Transmax™ Full Synthetic Multi-vehicle is a technologically advanced, low viscosity formulation specially designed to deliver maximum fuel efficiency for modern automatic transmissions. It is blended with premium base stocks and is fully approved by both Ford and GM for use in vehicles requiring their latest ATF specifications. Exceeds requirements of JASO-1A and recommended for a wide range of import vehicles.

Last edited:
Looks like this can be used in HONDAS

Also is this NEW????

Look

Transmax Full Synthetic Multi-vehicle ATF

Suitable for use in vehicles as indicated below:
Manufacturer
Specification
Honda/Acura
ATF-Z1, ATF DW-1,
(except in CVTs)
Mazda
ATF M-III, MV
Saab
T IV (JWS 3309)
Saturn
T IV (JWS 3309)
Volvo
T IV (JWS 3309)
Various Aisin-Warner Transmissions
JWS-3309
Various Domestic/European vehicles
where DEXRON® IIIH or prior is required

Typical Physical Characteristics
Test
Method
Typical Results
Viscosity at 40°C, cSt
ASTM D-445
Viscosity at 100°C, cSt
ASTM D-445
Viscosity Index
ASTM D-2270
Color, Typical
ASTM D-1500
Appearance
Red
Brookfield Viscosity at -40 C, cP
ASTM D-2983
Pour Point, ºC (ºF)
ASTM D-97
-50(-58)
Flash Point, °C (°F)
ASTM D-92
177(350)
Specific Gravity, 60°F
ASTM D-1298
Pounds per Gallon
ASTM D-287

Still, no one out there has come up with an AM version of Mazda ATF-FZ. Skyactiv transmissions have been out there two years and there are no alternatives. Perhaps it is because the SA tranny is supposed to have a lifetime fill. Still, with the number being sold I can't wait to see what the AM offers as compatible to FZ fluid.

I'd like to do a D&F on mine every 30-50K miles, so it's not a cost issue. There are plenty of instances in which I think the AM has come up with BETTER fluids than OEM. Lubricant technology marches forward, yet the OEM usually doesn't bother to tell you whether or not the latest fluid would be better or worse than original in your units. Newer is not always better.

If I can get this ATF for the same price as the regular transmax imv ATF (very unlikely), I'll give it a shot.

Thanks for the responses

I just tried to get some of that transmax atf+4 today from my local advance and when I went to pick it up they had evidently ran out and substituted some carquest atf+4 in its place.

I was kinda bummed out when I got home and realized it. I looked up the license code and it's made by amalie. I guess it's fine to use.

Originally Posted By: dakota99
I just tried to get some of that transmax atf+4 today from my local advance and when I went to pick it up they had evidently ran out and substituted some carquest atf+4 in its place.

I was kinda bummed out when I got home and realized it. I looked up the license code and it's made by amalie. I guess it's fine to use.

ALL licensed ATF+4 is the same
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back