Walmart Everstart Maxx batteries great warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchased an Everstart Maxx today at my local Walmart for the 07 Fusion which had the original Motorcraft battery .

Walmart battery is by Johnson Controls (Mexico) and has a 36 month replacement warranty plus a 108 month (9 year) pro rated warranty . Battery was $114.89 . They also have a card that comes with the battery and it is good for a service call by any local if your battery fails within the 36 month period . Pays up to $60 for the service call .

Pretty good warranty I would say and JCI has been supplying Walmart since 2011 when they dropped Exide totally .

This is in Canada , same in the USA ?

Local Walmart has no pro rated warranty, only 36 month replacement warranty on Everstart Maxx and 24nmonth replacement warranty on Everstart.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Local Walmart has no pro rated warranty, only 36 month replacement warranty on Everstart Maxx and 24nmonth replacement warranty on Everstart.

Next time you're in check and see , maybe this is a recent change or the 108 month pro rated is Canada only .

JCI got nailed with a class action lawsuit because of the proration formula. After the free replacement period is over, you get little to nothing back towards a new battery.

Well someone got smart and nailed them in court.
Since JCI lost, everybody else jumped on and now batteries are sold as free replacement only. No more proration.

However.. some batteries are still prorated, like Motorcraft and I THINK o'reilly's still prorates.
AC Delco does not, nor does Deka.

In other countries, I can see why they're still prorating.. they didn't get caught outside the USA yet.

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
Mine has the pro-rate batteries now as well. It was mixed with the straight 3 year batteries on the shelf so they seem to be cycling in still.

Interesting ! You would think they would have the same for all or perhaps they are honoring the pro-rate on the older stock .

I haven't started the car yet , waiting for the charger to top it up . There is a small round sticker that has 2/13 on it so I would have to assume that is the built date ?

The original battery was done , leave on the radio or lights for 5-10 minutes and it wouldn't crank . Wife had a flat yesteday and with just running the 4 ways and listening to the radio for about 20-25 minutes till I got there I noticed it struggled when I went to start it . She had this happen a couple months back just listening to the radio and the doors open for a while cleaning the car .

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
got a 2006 everstart maxx still going strong in a 96 avalon.

And that one would likely be made by Exide .

"great" warranty, but youll need it, IMO. Not sure why, but myself and a few others have had issues with these that we havent had with other (JCI) makes.

Not sure why.

Walking in costco the other day, I thought I saw a bunch of batteries at $79 each - makes walmart WAY overpriced if that was truly the case....

Battery topped up and cranks that car unlike the other that had no reserve left in it .
Put volt meter on with all accessories on and charging held at 14.3 volts so no problems there . Don't have an ammeter but I'm sure the alternator is putting out as it should , just a tired battery .

We'll see how this battery does , could be it's built to Walmart specs but I can't see JCI building something that is going to have a lot of issues , in the end it's them that has to pay .

Tomorrow fresh oil (PP 5W20 and NAPA Gold)) and a wash job . It has an axle bearing on the right front in need of attention soon , going to try that one myself and I do have access to a good press .

Originally Posted By: nitehawk55
Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
got a 2006 everstart maxx still going strong in a 96 avalon.

And that one would likely be made by Exide .
no, its a johnson controls one i bought in california

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
"great" warranty, but youll need it, IMO. Not sure why, but myself and a few others have had issues with these that we havent had with other (JCI) makes.

Not sure why.

Walking in costco the other day, I thought I saw a bunch of batteries at $79 each - makes walmart WAY overpriced if that was truly the case....

6+ years and still going on the Everstart-MAXX in my Caddy...and cranking a huge engine through long, hot cables, that car is TOUGH on batteries.

I've installed a fresh Everstart Maxx in my Tundra the other day. 24F rated at 750CCA. Used my little battery tester and it tested 883CCA @ 12.66 volts standing overnight so not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back