Chevron Supreme 5w30, 2010 Subaru Outback 3.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
2010 Subaru Outback 6 cylinder 3.6R (first analysis, Chevron Supreme almost every oil change, 3500-4000 mile intervals for oil changes)
80,174 miles on vehicle, miles on oil 4754 (high speed highway runs, approximately 2 months)

Chevron Supreme 5w30, add ¼ of a quart of Albertsons 5w30 make-up oil, OEM Toyo Rokio filter

Analysis (ppm)-
Antimony 0
Titanium 0
Silver 0
Copper 1
Lead 0
Tin 0
Aluminum 1
Nickel 0
Iron 4
Chromium 0
Cadmium 0
Sodium 6
Boron 42
Silicon 11
Water % Soot % Vis @ 40C – NA
Vis @ 100C – 9.45

Additives Remaining
K 0
V 2
MO 127
MG 7
CA 1534
BA 0
P 743
Zn 879

Testing performed by ANA labs, inc.

Here's the only other modern Subaru H6 I could find: 2007 Subaru Tribeca Penn Plat UOA

Last edited:
Are your sure that wasn't a virgin sample?

Those are fantastic wear numbers.

I remember when Chevron Supreme was the darling oil around here, back in the GF-3 days.

Wow! Keep doing what you are doing. Looks like you have a great engine and the lube isn't performing too bad either. Keep it up! Highway driving is pretty easy on oil (in general) you could extend if you wanted too.

Last edited:
I’m lucky that Subaru only recommends synthetic oil, but conventional dino is a-ok. It’s pretty unreal to have wear numbers that look this good.
I’ll definitely start stretching my intervals to 5k or 6k. I can’t believe you can buy this oil at Costco for $25, with a $9 rebate. That’s close to $2 a quart!

Originally Posted By: webfors
amazing report. Might very well be the best ever on BITOG!
Whoa! I don't know about that.
Frankly, I'm a bit suspicious that I may have botched the sampling.
I have a fumoto valve on this vehicle, I drained it for 30 seconds, stopped it, filled the sample jar, and finished draining the oil out. I submitted the sample for analysis about a week after collection. Another mitigating factor would be the 1/4 quart of make-up oil. It received this oil at around 4000 miles. It might have boosted the visc numbers a bit.

Any thoughts?

"...only modern Subaru H6..."

Even the (and I always thought they were pushrod) H6's of the early ER were pretty modern in their day, IMHO...

It is interesting to note the development of the H6 over the years: Tucker, Honda (in the GoldWing & Valkyrie) & GM varients were aircooled, with Porsche, Ferrari and Subaru also being in this very small club. I'd opine there just might have been more aircraft engines in this configuration vs. cars?

Cheers!

Good UOA - you can prob stretch it a few thousand more miles in that kind of driving. Any further than that, get TBN next time.

Nice... I've been using it for awhile now. Great oil and a great price (Costco). I think I've found my oil!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back