VOA chevron delo xle 10w30 syn blend

Status
Not open for further replies.
This sample came from a gallon jug dated 6/19/13.

Test by blackstone 9/18/13

Aluminum 2

Chromium 0

Iron 2

Copper 0

Lead 4

Tin 0

Moly 0

Nickel 0

Manganese 0

Silver 2

Titanium 0

Potassium 1

Boron 1

Silicon 4

Sodium 2

Calcium 2484

Magnesium 10

Phosphorous 1164

Zinc 1241

Barium 0

Sus visc @ 210f = 64.9

CST visc @ 100c =11.57

Flash pt = 430 f

Fuel --

Antifreeze --

Water = 0.0%

Insolubles =0.0%

Tbn = 9.1

Tan = 3.4

I guess it looks pretty similar to t5, huh? (If I remember correctly)

Looking at this report is like watching paint dry, or grass grow....
grin.gif

But I know that t5 works great with a boring add pack, too

Fwiw...I have run almost 10, 000 miles in heavy duty use with this oil so far. The only thing I notice compared to delo 15w40 is at a hot idle it runs a few psi lower with the 30 grade.

Otherwise, I can't tell any difference in oil psi or sound in my d11. I have noticed a couple places have started seeping a small amount of oil (valve cover, oil pan) but that may or may not be coincidental timing.

When I turned in a sample of Motorcraft 5w-20 synblend with 8300 miles on it with a TAN of 3.8, Blackstone said to drain it because 3.8 was getting up there. Why would a virgin oil analysis have any kind of significant TAN?

I couldn't tell you why there's any acidity in a voa. The voa's I did for synpower and maxlife showed TAN at 1.9 I think. This is much higher but I don't know what is normal for hdeo.

I can't remember seeing other hdeo voa's with TAN to compare (but my memory is horrible)

Much like Rotella, ZZDP, Calcium and that's about it. Always seems to work well though.

Thanks for having this done!

Originally Posted By: 2000NWXJ
No moly! Conventional delo had the highest amount over delvac and rotella what happened?

The future in synthetics and base stocks happened. A lot of the new HDEO are not using very much moly.

Originally Posted By: volk06
Originally Posted By: 2000NWXJ
No moly! Conventional delo had the highest amount over delvac and rotella what happened?

The future in synthetics and base stocks happened. A lot of the new HDEO are not using very much moly.

this is why allot of guys (including myself) have been using HDEO's with wet clutches. I think
I now use T5 in 8 different engines at my house and T6 in 3 !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back