Pennzoil Platinum 5W20 Honda Accord K24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pretty good report and my driving style has changed since december of 2012 now that I live much further away from work.

Refilled with more Pennzoil, Honda filter, Honda air filter, drain and refill on the transmission.

Really good numbers! I surprised it shear about 27%. Good to know that wear is still perfect on basically a 5w-16 oil

Good report.

PP 5W-20 is one of my fav' OTC 5W-20 oils; it's even lighter than the new PP 0W-20.

Yes it did loose about 20% of it's viscosity but I'm sure that's partly due to some fuel dilution. And since the OP's Honda is spec'd for a 0W-20 it's a non issue.

The report looks good, however yet again I question Blackstone, all other recent samples of PP showed around 2,600 ppm calcium this one isn't even close to that.

I've never seen that much shear in PP without serious fuel or coolant dilution, they say there isn't any to speak of???

What percentage is your olm? Our V has the same engine and at about 30 percent I'm at 9K. I also run the same oil. Maybe I should do a uoa.

Originally Posted By: Errtt
Boron... as much change it shows would PP formulation jump around that much?

Boron typically depletes over the course of an OCI from what I've seen.

Originally Posted By: ARB1977
What percentage is your olm? Our V has the same engine and at about 30 percent I'm at 9K. I also run the same oil. Maybe I should do a uoa.

20%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back