PP 5w-20 / 10623 on oil / 5.7L HEMI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Throttle Body was on it's way out causing extremely rough idle and stalling. I had the TB replaced and I changed the oil a little early. Report looks good. I use both Wix air and oil filters.

r4x0.jpg

Your reports are always so uneventful! A good thing.
How does a 5.7L run after 220K miles? Looks like we now know they wear well with time and miles!

Holy [censored], I see a 18,000 mile run there! Looks like your bearings only gave up a bit of lead as a result, but daaang.

Originally Posted By: SLCraig
How does a 5.7L run after 220K miles? Looks like we now know they wear well with time and miles!

Hi SLCraig,

*knocks on wood* The 5.7L has been a really good engine. Mines a 2006 and it has no knocks, misfires, piston slap, or major oil burning. I still have the original transmission and they both still perform really well. I'm not sure how much longer I'll keep the car, but as long as it runs well, I'll hold onto it. I would buy another 5.7L (even the 6.4L).

I've owned some of Chrysler's' 4 cylinder engines... I can't say I'm a fan of them. Oil leaks, burning, piston slap.... etc etc.

Originally Posted By: 2006_Charger_R/T
Originally Posted By: SLCraig

Hi SLCraig,

*knocks on wood* The 5.7L has been a really good engine. Mines a 2006 and it has no knocks, misfires, piston slap, or major oil burning. I still have the original transmission and they both still perform really well. I'm not sure how much longer I'll keep the car, but as long as it runs well, I'll hold onto it. I would buy another 5.7L (even the 6.4L).

I've owned some of Chrysler's' 4 cylinder engines... I can't say I'm a fan of them. Oil leaks, burning, piston slap.... etc etc.

Was just curious, as the 5.7L is not exactly an old engine, seeing some with higher miles is still a tad uncommon on average.

Thanks for the mini review..
smile.gif

Another great showing for PP!

Wonder if PU would be better?

But still looks nice and boring on the report.

Originally Posted By: coachditka

Wonder if PU would be better?

I thought about trying PU, but PP works so well in this engine, I don't dare switch. Plus I'm stocked up on a few jugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back