Map of most popular car brands in each state

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty cool... Weird that the Altima is number one in OK, thought for sure the F150 would be a lock for that state. No surprise with California... LOL

The Silverado is Maine and the Tacoma for Hawaii.

s65cw8.jpg

Here is the original story: http://jalopnik.com/these-are-the-most-popular-new-cars-in-each-state-586657057

Thats sure not what i expected in the south. Totally predicted California before the pic loaded though haha

I used sophisticated computer technology to zoom in on New York City on that map; I notice it's bright yellow and sports the "Crown Vic" logo.

If they'd have drawn that map twenty years ago Maine would have the Ford Tempo.

Interesting about CRV in my state(NH) but it makes sense. This board is interesting since I see lots of posts about the Equinox and new Escape but barely see them in my area compared to the CRV. I know at least 10 people(ladies) who drive the CRV and a lot the brand new one.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
If they'd have drawn that map twenty years ago Maine would have the Ford Tempo.

Maybe if they draw up the map for the most unregistered car in the yard it would make it. ----Classic Maine
smile.gif
esp western which I grew up next to

Originally Posted By: zloveraz
Very ironic that the most popular new car is named after what the folks are doing in MI...

Good one
11.gif

I can confirm escape popularity in these parts, it is spilling over from MI. You see them everywhere.
Shame because the Equinox/Terrain are built 20 mins from here. Don't see near as many of those.

Originally Posted By: zloveraz
Very ironic that the most popular new car is named after what the folks are doing in MI...

lol.gif

Originally Posted By: css9450
Wow! Glad I don't live in the southeast.

Yeah, we're soooooo boring.
sleep.gif

Outbacks ruling in Washington? Say it ain't so!
grin2.gif

I'm somewhat surprised that the Tundra isn't represented here. I'm also surprised at an apparent under-representation of the Accord. Of course, considering that this infographic is based solely on recent new car sales and only one winner allowed per state, even if by a margin of .0001, I should be less surprised.

Originally Posted By: SLCraig

Shame because the Equinox/Terrain are built 20 mins from here. Don't see near as many of those.

The only people I see driving Equinox around here are fleets. That includes beer reps and other other businesses. Rare site to see a private one and in a color besides white but it may be local demographics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back