TGMO 0W-20 available in bulk for $4.52/L

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was brought to my attention by a new Cdn member.
Now that TGMO is supplied in bulk to all Toyota/Lexus dealers, you can still by it in one litre bottles for $5.65 or 5 L jugs but a better deal can be negotiated if you simply have them fill some empty oil jugs of your own.
I got my local Toyota dealer down to $4.52/L without trying that hard; simply asked for a 20% discount.

This makes the already best 20wt oil deal in Canada even better.

Excellent NEWS and Price!

Have been paying $5.00 per quart for a case of 12, plus $18.64 shipping to my front door (no sales tax or oil fees).

I guess after working for different dealerships [crooks for the most part], my biggest worry would be if I was actually getting the same oil that is sold in bottles. Or are they telling me its 0W20 and its 5W30 or something else. Flame suit on.

If you trust the dealer then no worries. I'd probably pay a little more and get it in cases only because I had the opportunity to work with unethical dealers.

Up here it actually says TGMO on the drum and their is no other oil option.
We do have a UOA from a member in the States a while ago that confirmed the bulk oil was TGMO 0W-20.

But I agree one should always check to make sure what you're getting.

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
Up here it actually says TGMO on the drum and their is no other oil option.
We do have a UOA from a member in the States a while ago that confirmed the bulk oil was TGMO 0W-20.

But I agree one should always check to make sure what you're getting.

I have no doubt the drum says TGMO 0W20. The thieves I worked for would have no problem filling it with something else. LOL OTOH if the stuff was fresh, in a sealed drum and I saw them open it and fill my bottles, then no problem! My point is just a word of caution that's all.

I've had some luck with a local Toyota parts store buying by the 12 qt case. But you have to work with the boss, and not the clerk.

I'll ask if they have bulk now too. But if the service department won't use TGMO, then parts won't have it available.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I guess after working for different dealerships [crooks for the most part], my biggest worry would be if I was actually getting the same oil that is sold in bottle

But Toyota is perfect. They would never screw a customer out of their money..... (well except when they voided over a million engine warranties & stuck the customer with the $6000 bill to replace the overheated, sludged engine). Toyota is not a corporation. It's an angel

I bought a case last night (12 quarts) at a local dealer for $5.39 a quart. The other dealer I called first wanted $7.20 a quart.

Not quite as good as the price Caterham got but still a decent price compared to chain stores and Wally World pricing on their synthetics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back