Amsoil SS 0W-20 10,132 miles 2005 Honda Accord 2.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a note to Blackstone that I had the valve cover during this OCI (hence their remarks regarding silicon).

The high moly levels are still from Liqui Moly MOS2 that I had added before this OCI. No additives were used during this OCI.

This OCI went the entire winter and I'm glad to see wear numbers still look good. There were plenty of sub-zero start ups during this time. Both oil and air filter are Amsoil Ea models.

9009426885_77e1b50fae_o.jpg

Looks pretty good.
I have some of this oil that I'll use at some point in my K24.
Glad to see a good UOA of it.
I bought the oil from an ad in Columbus CL from an orthodontist who was moving with his wife and kids to either one of the Dakotas or Montana, can't recall.
Too good a story to make up

Originally Posted By: OtisBlkR1
WOW, impressive numbers, Amsoil obviously can go the distance !

What distance is that? This oil is rated for 25k miles and the OP only ran it 10k.

Originally Posted By: Artem

What distance is that? This oil is rated for 25k miles and the OP only ran it 10k.

Only for non-severe use....

Originally Posted By: asharris7

Only for non-severe use....

so whats the estimate for Severe use ? I didnt know amsoil was making a 25,000 mile oil. Thats impressive to me. Id read about a 15,000 mile oil but UOA'S were obviously recomended throughout.

I think 25k is only with bypass filtration. I think it is 15k for regular filtration.

Last edited:
Wow, nice results! Thanks for posting. I have an '04 Accord, same engine. I'll be running pu for the next few oci.

Did you do the valve adjustment yourself? How were the results? I ask because mine is due and I'll be tackling it this Summer.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back