I Only Buy Oil Filters Wrapped In Plastic Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last month a salesman came into my shop and tried to sell me new oil filters. I said i was happy with the ones i had but he said for the same price or less he had a great product and gave us a few samples. I always used group 7 (purolator) but these filters are really nice and they are wrapped in plastic to keep them clean i opened one up and it was very nice and i think we are going to be buying them they are Black with white writing and i think the name is Prime guard (i will be sure tomorrow) anyone ever hear of them>? a lot of shops use them.

Last edited:
If they are Pro-Guards, they are pretty good. We get them dirt cheap through Keltner. We used to buy Group 7, but these are .30/filter cheaper.

Its probably Premium Guard.They also make Parts Plus's blue oil filters.Made in China and Korea.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
Last month a salesman came into my shop and tried to sell me new oil filters. I said i was happy with the ones i had but he said for the same price or less he had a great product and gave us a few samples. I always used group 7 (purolator) but these filters are really nice and they are wrapped in plastic to keep them clean i opened one up and it was very nice and i think we are going to be buying them they are Black with white writing and i think the name is Prime guard (i will be sure tomorrow) anyone ever hear of them>? a lot of shops use them.

that is a Chinese low-budget knockoff piece of [censored]

please do not risk your business and jeopardize customer's engines to save $1 or $2 on oil filters, they can ruin an engine and get you a lawsuit, and if I was the judge, and you put a Chinese no-name filter on the customer car, I would hang your a$$ out to dry and give the plaintiff lots of your money!

not too mention when word of this gets around, your shop's name is mud

I would go the other way and put a premium filter on there and spend a couple of bucks and have the customers crowing to their friends about how you guys go the extra mile to do the best for your customers, this is where a couple of dollars either way secures you $1000's in additional business, especially when they trust you with the big jobs!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: LScowboy
Originally Posted By: crazyoildude

that is a Chinese low-budget knockoff piece of [censored]

please do not risk your business and jeopardize customer's engines to save $1 or $2 on oil filters, they can ruin an engine and get you a lawsuit, and if I was the judge, and you put a Chinese no-name filter on the customer car, I would hang your a$$ out to dry and give the plaintiff lots of your money!

not too mention when word of this gets around, your shop's name is mud

I would go the other way and put a premium filter on there and spend a couple of bucks and have the customers crowing to their friends about how you guys go the extra mile to do the best for your customers, this is where a couple of dollars either way secures you $1000's in additional business, especially when they trust you with the big jobs!

I totally agree. LSCowboy has a very good point here, If it is for your business.

I totally disagree. Any mass marketed filter is going to be ok for services. These are not junk filters, they are cheap because the manufacturers don't carry any overhead and they are often bought and sold in bulk quantities. They use the same components, internal and external, as major brands.
Most people who rely on garages for basic maintenance are not going to look under the vehicle to see what you use for a filter, in fact, many never pop their own hood. The ones who will go that far as to critique what you put on their car are few and far between, and not worth worrying about. They can bring their own if they care that much.
Use the cheap catalogue stuff with confidence, and remember, buy low, sell high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back