EkqRVWc.jpg

f8K47D2h.jpg

POQ9fxA.jpg

DYn9ffSh.jpg

Originally Posted By: EricF
a Wix in disguise..
confused.gif

Thanx for sharing!

I really like the look of the Mahle filters. Waves are a bit of a surprise but it is a longer filter and those do seem to be a little more prone to that.

Interesting bypass design, is the inlet in the dome end as it appears?

Originally Posted By: cp3
Thanx for sharing!

You got it cp3!

I don't quite follow. The first pic shows the components in their as-assembled orientation. The neck-end with the spring in it is the outlet.

Oh, I think I see what you're saying. The threaded end-plate is domed, yes. It is also two-layered steel. My guess is to help form the o-ring gap and/or to help with can-crimp. Anyway, this thing is a tank.

I like Mahle oil filters, both spin on and cartridge, too. Their filters seem to be high quality at very reasonable price online. The only problem is they are not available at local stores, at least not in So Cal.

Originally Posted By: martinq

I don't quite follow. The first pic shows the components in their as-assembled orientation. The neck-end with the spring in it is the outlet.

Oh, I think I see what you're saying. The threaded end-plate is domed, yes. It is also two-layered steel. My guess is to help form the o-ring gap and/or to help with can-crimp. Anyway, this thing is a tank.

Not quite but yes they do look solid. What I meant was it looks like the inlet for the bypass is at the dome end of the element, not the base or outlet end. If you were to press on that black circular thing on the bottom of the element, does it open?

Where's the adbv? Or does this application not spec one? Does it have two bypasses? Looks like it. Though it make no difference imo, looks like even the much lauded Mahle can have little wave to the media.

If you were to press on that black circular thing on the bottom of the element, does it open?

I believe so, yes. I'm going to tear into it an post some deconstruction later on. It's not your typical filter for sure.

Originally Posted By: sayjac
looks like even the much lauded Mahle can have little wave to the media.

This media is definitely good stuff but probably nothing special. Would like to find a good synthetic replacement for this.

Originally Posted By: EricF
a Wix in disguise..

I don't think it is. While it has a few of the same features as a WIX, the implementation is slightly different.

thanks for all the pics.. first time i have seen wavy media in a mahle.. but then again all the waves are freaking equal. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back