Mobil 1 5W30 EP 11604 Miles 06 Toyota Tacoma V6

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the second UOA I have run on my 2006 Toyota Tacoma 1GR-FE 4.0L V6 Doublecab.

This UOA was done at 312,445 miles on 12/31/12 with 11,604 miles on oil. One quart make-up oil added. Previous oil change at 300,445 miles was performed on 10/21/12.

I requested a TBN but for some reason it was not performed.

I changed the oil to Mobil 1 0W30 AFE and the next report will look at that.

Discussion of previous UOA was in this thread:

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...866#Post2784866

Some background: I have used Mobil 1 Extended Protection 5W30 in this vehicle since the day I brought it home new from the dealer (60 miles) on 7/27/06. I typically run 10-11k OCI but have run up to 14.6k OCI. I use oversize Mobil 1 M1-209 filters.

I am including the UOA in both an image and a code block.

UOA-2006-TACOMA-121230.jpg

Code:

OIL M1 EP 5W30

MILES IN USE 11,604

MILES 312,445

SAMPLE TAKEN 12/30/12

ALUMINUM 3

CHROMIUM 1

IRON 19

COPPER 1

LEAD 0

TIN 0

MOLYBDENUM 72

NICKEL 1

MANGANESE 0

SILVER 0

TITANIUM 0

POTASSIUM 3

BORON 32

SILICON 13

SODIUM 8

CALCIUM 1045

MAGNESIUM 736

PHOSPHORUS 653

ZINC 765

BARIUM 0

SUS Viscosity @ 210°F 58.9

cSt Viscosity @ 100°C 9.90

Flashpoint in °F 430

Fuel %
Antifreeze % 0.0

Water % 0.0

Insolubles % 0.3

TBN ?.?

Last edited:
Your's is a good example of using a quality synthetic oil for longer OCIs. Vis is still excellant as is the FP. How does the engine look through the oil fill hole?? Pics if possible.

Originally Posted By: ottotheclown
Previous tbn was 2.2 at 7k. Adding 4k more miles ??
See the numerous posts where XOM responded to this concern.

Originally Posted By: Barkleymut
Most mileage is recreational and you put 11,600 miles on in just over 2 months? Sounds like fun
smile.gif

Exactly. People will overlook this critical piece of data and apply this UOA to their conditions which is a mistake! The conditions of the UOA are on an extreme. Extremely easy on oil. Unrealistic for most of us at 50/50 highway city, 15-20k a year. Hes going 60k+ a year, to get that many miles that fast its got to be all highway. There are many oils that will perform well under all highway conditions. I bet PU would do at least as well.

Very good point very good!!!! Check out the unknown dino link I supplied re. 10k. It is how always re. danger in long oci IMHO.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Originally Posted By: Barkleymut
Most mileage is recreational and you put 11,600 miles on in just over 2 months? Sounds like fun
smile.gif

Exactly. People will overlook this critical piece of data and apply this UOA to their conditions which is a mistake! The conditions of the UOA are on an extreme. Extremely easy on oil. Unrealistic for most of us at 50/50 highway city, 15-10k a year. Hes going 60k+ a year. There are many oils that will perform well under these all highway conditions. I bet PU would do at least as well.

Did anyone ever see a explanation like Blackstone re tbn rather than a company selling oil?? Just asking as I would think Blackstone would have a un biased opinion.But again explanation is pretty good but it is a oil company giving it and who could deny what they are saying//Or agree because it is what you want to hear?? I still love the report the unknown dino.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: tig1
Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Originally Posted By: ottotheclown
Previous tbn was 2.2 at 7k. Adding 4k more miles ??
See the numerous posts where XOM responded to this concern.

Here is the post you mentioned. A friend does 15K with 5-30EP in his Windstar(174K) with very good results.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2703713

This particular OCI included a cross country drive at Christmas, but the other half of the miles included a lot of off- road miles, towing of a camper trailer on mountainous roads, and a bunch of very cold starts both at home at near 7000 ft elevation and traveling. It would be incorrect to assume all easy highway miles.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tig1
How does the engine look through the oil fill hole?? Pics if possible.

Engine looks immaculate through oil fill hole. No evidence of sludge or dirt. I am away on business travel, but will take and post a pic when I return home later in the week.

Last edited:
No they say convential but they added some oil and it was Syntec less than a quart. What it says is: with the right oil you can use dino just as well as syn. but you cannot convince the cheap insurance following.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Rand
otto? if it was unknown oil could it not have been syn?
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back