Kendall made in Korea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: GearheadTool
Where does the "Liquid Titanium" come from? (Reminded of Castrol when that is said)

The Kendall Gt-1 High Performance Liquid Titanium (whew, what a mouth full) oil that I have says it is made in USA.

Nothing wrong with Korean tyres. Unlike Chinese tyres they have improved immeasurably over the last decade.

(Directed at salv)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bigjl
Nothing wrong with Korean tyres. Unlike Chinese tyres they have improved immeasurably over the last decade.

(Directed at salv)

+1 True. They are catching up rapidly. Soon they will rival Michelin.

Originally Posted By: salv
The bulk of Conoco's operations are in Asia. Their base oils are sourced from Asian companies like SK.

If I am not badly mistaken Korea is a major exporter of Type III base oils.

Sumitomo makes some pretty good tires...at least the ones I bought.Very good traction,very low wear rate.And a good price.I'll stick with them (for summer tires).

we were putting alot of sumitomos on cars. had many customers angry about how poorly they were holding up. they are a japanese tire. the korean tires like kumho and hankook are nice. the koreans make very good products.
the yubase, s-oil, and sk base oils are very good. i was not bashing conoco for using base oils from asia. even infinium blends additive packages that are geared toward yubase.

Last edited:
The group III oil used in COP oil are sourced from SK lubricants from Korea. I looked it up and it is a state of the art newer facility that produces the Yubase. The liquid titanium comes from their development with an additive supplier, i dont remember right off the top of my head but maybe oronite? Not sure what Group III oils and tires have in common.

There was an article here talking about how there is very little if none, Group III produced in the US.

For comparison, Shells new GTL base stocks are from Qatar. Base oils from overseas is not uncommon.

Originally Posted By: bigjl

(Directed at salv)

I was surprised by Federal, a Korean tire company. They came highly recommended so I put a set of SS595s on my GTO. I didn't have high hopes, but the price was right. Grip is good in the dry and wet traction is the best of any tire I have put on this car.

I didn't know Federal is a Korean tire company, I thought it is Chinese. Their prices are usually much cheaper than major brands.

South Korean is close to first world in term of manufacturing now. Samsung is near or at the top of many consumer electronics, their LCD TV is usually rated as the best or at the very least in the top 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back