Mobil1 & First Posting

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a really good Mustang thread here someplace where they compared M1 and RP. Not sure if it was a Cobra or not,but he'd probably be a good member to chat with about your car.

Do you remember the person referenced with the Mustang? I'll try to look up the thread if you don't have it.

I think I found it on Google,but my phone is blocking the page. try Googling "Royal purple oil experience". It's on a modular Ford forum.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
There's a really good Mustang thread here someplace where they compared M1 and RP. Not sure if it was a Cobra or not,but he'd probably be a good member to chat with about your car.

1 was an 05 gt and the other was an 07gt(iirc). It was 35 pages long and I read every post. The cams were interesting for sure. Funny that the Mobil engine spun a bearing shortly thereafter. Great thread.

Originally Posted By: Clevy

1 was an 05 gt and the other was an 07gt(iirc). It was 35 pages long and I read every post. The cams were interesting for sure. Funny that the Mobil engine spun a bearing shortly thereafter. Great thread.

Me too,I read every single page,EXCELLENT thread!! Probably the best BITOG thread ever!!

I'm going to search around too looking for the thread regarding RP & MB1.
**Pennsylvania grade crude oil is especially important because of its inherent superior lubricating qualities.
-A year or two ago I read on here about how clean and how protective the the Pennzoil Ultra works inside of newer engines. Seems as though, the big name oil companies of great quality each are a bit different and eccell at different aspects of engine protection.
*Question- Pennsylvania sweet paraffinic oils make high quality lubricating oils for conventional oil blends, qualities and is free of asphalt constituents, contains only trace amounts of sulfur and nitrogen, high ZDDP, . crude into the mix when using their synthetics, right? Pennzoil synthetis Ulta claims a clean engine. Protection, I don't know about though..
ME, I LIKE Mobil1, Amsoil, and Royal Purple a little bit.

That thread was ripe with controversy, I wouldn't necessary call it "good".

if you look on some mustang threads, many of the guys over there prefer the motorcraft to M1 in a modular ford. as a previous owner of and 02 gt with a procharger i preferred the motorcraft. M1 makes the valvetrain noisy on the modular fords ive used it on.

im not bashing M1 i use it in some of my other vehicles, i just was never satisfied with it in a modular ford. My best UOA on a modular ford was using Mobil super synthetic.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: donnyj08
if you look on some mustang threads, many of the guys over there prefer the motorcraft to M1 in a modular ford. as a previous owner of and 02 gt with a procharger i preferred the motorcraft. M1 makes the valvetrain noisy on the modular fords ive used it on.

im not bashing M1 i use it in some of my other vehicles, i just was never satisfied with it in a modular ford. My best UOA on a modular ford was using Mobil super synthetic.

I'm currently using their 0w-30 in my Modular, I go back and forth between it and AMSOIL AZO 0w-30 and there is no difference in noise between the two oils
21.gif

perhaps its because i always used 5w20?? it was one of the few 5w20's that made the valvetrain loud. It wasn't super loud, just more audible than other lubes. my mind tends to think quieter is better, i have no proof to back that up however.

Good idea and do not worry about the TBN it should I guess,
smile.gif
well maybe hold up.
Originally Posted By: gfh77665
Use M1 EP in the new Cobra for 5000 miles, then drain it and reuse it in the 300,000 mile Mustang for another 5,000 miles.

A couple of possibly dumb questions:
-Does Motorcraft offer a full synthetic?
-Mobil Super Synthetic, is that one of their brand types?
This says *Do not use with gasoline engines with catalysts.
FORD

Last edited:
The only MC oil I know of that's a full synth is the 5W50.

Motorcraft full syns are also available in 0w/30, 5w/20, 5w/30 and 5w/40, though they're not likely to be at your local WalMart.

Originally Posted By: Danh
The only MC oil I know of that's a full synth is the 5W50.

Motorcraft full syns are also available in 0w/30, 5w/20, 5w/30 and 5w/40, though they're not likely to be at your local WalMart.

Yes, I found it. Thanks. I wouldn't of searched for it without your info. If I can find it locally, I may consider using it for now on unless I hear otherwise. If not, the Mobil 1 EP 5W-30 will work fine.

Originally Posted By: RobbS

A couple of possibly dumb questions:
-Does Motorcraft offer a full synthetic?
-Mobil Super Synthetic, is that one of their brand types?
This says *Do not use with gasoline engines with catalysts.
FORD

I too noticed Mobil 1 made my mod motor louder. Honestly rotella t-6 with mos2 made it ultra quiet as did RP,Amsoil and PP. Although this year I will be using a tgmo/m1 0w-40 mix in it.
I don't think noise and wear are related in a mod motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back