Bosch Dist. Plus 3323/2oci's/~13.5k mi. PICS

Status
Not open for further replies.
BD+ on a Accord ~20months, 10-15%MM twice. Purchased three BD+3323 on an AAP 'glitch' for ~$3.50 with PP syn a while back.

Specs, 52 pleats not including metal seam pleat. Pleats 7/16" deep 2&7/16" wide (endcap-endcap). Total media area, ~111 sq.in. Silicone adbv still pliable on dissection. Compared to the P1 PL14610, as advertised BD+ can is thicker, base plate thicker/heavier, media area comparable. River_rat found media thicker than P1. On appearance only, inner construction looks quite similar to P1. No problem running this filter two oci's or to ~15k.

BD3323NG725002.jpg

BD3323NG72500014-2.jpg

BD3323NG725015-2.jpg

BD3323NG7250-2-1.jpg

BD3323NG72500-2.jpg

BD3323NG7250-2-2.jpg

I like filters with large exit holes. Some seem so small I don't see how the oil gets through! Just one of my quirks I guess.

Looks like it held up well, I've been thinking of running the one on the Acura 2 changes. Looks like it'll have no problems.

Originally Posted By: tc1446
I like filters with large exit holes. Some seem so small I don't see how the oil gets through! Just one of my quirks I guess.

those are inlet holes
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: daman
Hmmmm interesting, different base plate design then the one in this post.

Purolator type base plate;

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2871751#Post2871751

Must have something to do with the application/size because while the baseplate is thicker/heavier on the D3323, the plate hole design is same as Purolator PL/L 14610 and Bosch Premium 3323. If you look at the the link below while you can't see the base side of the plate you can see this round hole design, typical for this size Purolator and Bosch filters. Purolator does use different inlet hole designs/shapes for different applications.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1940720

I suppose anything is possible but afaik the BD+'s are all made by Purolator. That aside, there's no doubt the pictured D3323 filter is Purolator made. If the cans and and baseplate were removed, be very difficult to tell the BD+ 3323 from a PL14610 or Bosch Prem.3323.

Unless the Fram Ultra goes on sale, I'll be doing approximately the same interval with a D3323 on my wife's Civic two oil changes from now.

Looks fantastic! I'd say it went the distance.

thanks for the pics. I'm into my 2nd OCI with a napa platinum myself.

Sayjac, thanks for posting those pics. I have a couple of D+ that I'll be using on my Ridgeline so it's good too see they hold up well.

re: differing Purolator baseplates

Purolator's metric baseplates are concave, American ones are convex.

And, holy cow does the blue texture-paint on the PSLs suck. I've never had a problem with the PureONEs but the blue grit on the PSLs flakes off and gets EVERYWHERE.

Originally Posted By: JavierG
Sayjac, thanks for posting those pics. I have a couple of D+ that I'll be using on my Ridgeline so it's good too see they hold up well.

Yep, it's a solid filter and at least based on my experience and it's specs, it's up to a 15k oci task.

As for the discussion regarding (exit) holes size, at first I thought that comment meant the inlet holes. Then again thought that perhaps that comment might be referring to the centertube holes being large. As for inlet hole size, afaik as long as the total area of them is at least equal to exit mounting hole, shouldn't be a factor. Quite certain that has been engineered properly.

As for the baseplate metric/American convex concave comment, not sure about that. But, the PL10241 I'm now running on a Tacoma uses oblong inlet holes as shown here in the parts detail, and the baseplate/tapping plate is relatively flat. I will say the other BD+ linked to in this thread (electrolover's) is one nasty looking filter especially when one considers only a 5k oci. I can't remember any of my filter dissections looking anywhere near that dirty, most look similar to this D3323.

Fwiw, I did replace this BD+ with a P1/PL14610 (and some Big Lots QSUD 0w20) which at this time I plan on running only one oci. Might change, but for now that's the plan.

I am currently going 2 OCI filter change on Civic with a Mobil filter right now. Though I still removed the filter and drained it. Besides the canister oil, there is quit a bit of oil that drains out after during removal. Should end up with ~16-17k miles.

The Bosch Distance Plus looks good. Noticed the pleats stay a lot straighter than on the typical Purolator PureOne or Classic filters. Maybe due to the different thicker media (?).

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
The Bosch Distance Plus looks good. Noticed the pleats stay a lot straighter than on the typical Purolator PureOne or Classic filters. Maybe due to the thicker different media (?).

Yes the thicker the media the less chance for waves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back