Success Story -- Gumout Regane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Folks,

I bought a 97 honda civic back in march 2012.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...893#Post2575893

Footnote [1]

The car was having bad hesitation when accelerating. And occasionally some jerkiness/stumbling.

So i ran a tank of gas with Gumout Regane. And there absolutely is an improvement. Clearly, there is NO more hesitation at all.

It also does SEEM as though the jerkiness/stumbling has also gone away. But i am less certain about that. It's a bit harder to tell as the jerkiness/stumbing was NOT as consistent as the hesitation.

Granted, i wouldn't expect everyone to get such noticeable results. As i believe that my car's injectors/combustion chamber was dirtier than most.

BUT this is the SECOND car in which Gumout Regane has clearly produced NOTICEABLE improvements. I believe that a good fuel additive really should be part of the Maintenance Schedule that comes in the owner's manual.

Before i was a member of BITOG and honda tech a mechanic told me that i needed new fuel injectors. So i forked out a good bit of money to him. I strongly suspect that it's very likely that merely adding a good fuel injector would have SAVED me a significant amount of money. In any event, it would have been better if this mechanic at least suggested TRYING an injector cleaner BEFORE replacing them.

Footnote [1] A lot of people who advised me NOT to buy that car. But i bought it anyway.

FYI, one very major reason for me buying it that my trusty neighborhood mechanic inspected it and recommended it. And then another fellow, was one good neighborhood friend, whom i fully trust, telling me to TRUST our neighborhood mechanic. Our neighborhood mechanic, whom i already trusted very much. Our neighborhood mechanic whom i had already been sending friends and customers to for YEARS.

Regane,Techron,and Red Line are the 3 best cleaners on the market.Dont fall for the claims of the other brands...

Don't worry, that Civic will be running 20 years from now if the rust doesn't kill it. We owned a 1998 Civic EX and probably the best engineered car we will ever owned.

For your Civic makes sure only to use NGK/Denso plugs, fresh cap/rotor, clean the throttle body/ idle air control valve and a new PCV valve with keep the engine running smoothly for years. I used Redline injector cleaner every 15K miles and had no problem with the injectors.

Originally Posted By: skate1968
Hi Folks,

I bought a 97 honda civic back in march 2012.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...893#Post2575893

Footnote [1]

The car was having bad hesitation when accelerating. And occasionally some jerkiness/stumbling.

So i ran a tank of gas with Gumout Regane. And there absolutely is an improvement. Clearly, there is NO more hesitation at all.

It also does SEEM as though the jerkiness/stumbling has also gone away. But i am less certain about that. It's a bit harder to tell as the jerkiness/stumbing was NOT as consistent as the hesitation.

Granted, i wouldn't expect everyone to get such noticeable results. As i believe that my car's injectors/combustion chamber was dirtier than most.

BUT this is the SECOND car in which Gumout Regane has clearly produced NOTICEABLE improvements. I believe that a good fuel additive really should be part of the Maintenance Schedule that comes in the owner's manual.

Before i was a member of BITOG and honda tech a mechanic told me that i needed new fuel injectors. So i forked out a good bit of money to him. I strongly suspect that it's very likely that merely adding a good fuel injector would have SAVED me a significant amount of money. In any event, it would have been better if this mechanic at least suggested TRYING an injector cleaner BEFORE replacing them.

Footnote [1] A lot of people who advised me NOT to buy that car. But i bought it anyway.

FYI, one very major reason for me buying it that my trusty neighborhood mechanic inspected it and recommended it. And then another fellow, was one good neighborhood friend, whom i fully trust, telling me to TRUST our neighborhood mechanic. Our neighborhood mechanic, whom i already trusted very much. Our neighborhood mechanic whom i had already been sending friends and customers to for YEARS.

If you have a fuel injector problem it is worth trying a direct feed injector cleaner made by a major oil company. Most can be poured into the fuel filter of a diesel, but the fuel line might have to be removed for a petrol engine. Those direct feed injector cleaners are more effective than fuel tank ones if the injectors are badly gummed.
Almost no one I know uses a fuel conditioner because the fuel quality is excellent in the EU, but I try to use Aral (BP owned) or Shell stations only. Those two majors use some good trace additives in their fuel.

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
Regane,Techron,and Red Line are the 3 best cleaners on the market.Dont fall for the claims of the other brands...

Thanks, appreciate that.

I've already bought a bottle of gumout regane for my mother.

Actually i had just did a forum search on that. To confirm that Regane and Techron were still two of "the three" There just the two names that i remember.

Specifically, before i was going to be telling everyone, again, to spend nine dollars instead of five dollars on fuel cleaner.....

(or whatever it is, now. don't know i stocked up years ago.)

regards,

s

Exactly, I used Techron and saved big$$$ for new injectors!

Originally Posted By: vwGLI

Exactly, I used Techron and saved big$$$ for new injectors!

The magic in those three you mention is the high concentration of PEA detergent.

captain_obvious.jpg

Still plenty of noobs lurking that would have NO clue about PEA and what it does and how it is much more effective than other competitive detergents. But thanks for playing.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back