Shooting at Connecticut Elementary School

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Spazdog
I don't know the answer either
21.gif

I was watching Piers Morgan last night. He was screaming at his panel and pointing at a picture of a Bushmaster .223 calling it "this shtupid gun" calling for an all out ban on firearms in the United States because it worked so well in the UK.

Perhaps he thinks that we are still a colony. That we are still loyal English subjects. That you can implement something of that nature.

It's not that easy. We are not just descendants of the UK. We have our own culture. We are descended from Italians, Germans, French, African nations, Arab Nations, Asian nations, Native Americans.....the whole globe. We are greater than the sum of our parts. We have our own mindset. It's one of the things that makes us great. You cannot take from us easily what we view as a freedom or right.

I just do not see a method of eliminating firearms.

Ask Americans to willfully surrender the 2nd Amendment? Not going to happen. Again, Americans have never and likely never will surrender what they believe to be a right or freedom.

Take away the ammunition? I personally know several people that are set up to reload their own ammo. A few are quite meticulous and come up with a product better than the cheap box of ammo at WalMart.

Take away the firearms? This is a disaster waiting to happen. Suprise raids by well trained, armed, and armored agents? After a few raids, they would be met by ever increasingly larger and better armed militias. The firearm seizure squads would find thier body armor ripped to shreds by .50 cal, .338 Lapua, and .300WinMag. This is a disastrous idea. I cannot see it not leading to another Civil War. If you think the insurgents in Iraq and Afghanistan are crafty at creating IEDs, wait 'til you meet Billy Bob in Texas, Boudreaux in Louisiana, and Bubba in Arkansas...

I do not condone taking up arms against fellow Americans. That is just where I see such an action going.

Come Monday, that'll be the talk. You know who already said "We'll have to take meaningful action to stop this, regardless of Politics".

This will be used to the MAX.............
mad.gif

Do that? Fine. Then we better take meaningful action against the thousands of babies every year getting slaughtered in the womb. Where is the "Breaking News" every day on that???

Double standard.

Sure, punish the responsible & innocent.

Let me reiterate, I do not condone any violence against fellow Americans.

I was still in the Texas National Guard during the Rodney King Riots. We were placed on alert and began intensive training in Riot Control and Mass Detention.

It was not my finest hour. I was a 19E20B8 (M60A3 TTS Patton Tank Crewman). The whole time my mind was fixed on Kent State University and Tiananmen Square and what part I would play in history against my fellow Americans. Fortunately, no major violence erupted in Dallas and I did not have to find out.

I just do not see any reasonable means of making Americans surrender the 2nd Amendment and/or firearms.

Originally Posted By: Spazdog
I just do not see any reasonable means of making Americans surrender the 2nd Amendment and/or firearms.

"Making" Americans surrender the 2nd Amendment should never be brought to the table in the first place. It shouldn't be up for discussion. I wonder in how many of these school shootings, the shooter had a firearms license (the proper one for the firearms they were using) and how many were stolen. If you want to reduce the crime, go after people who "allow" their guns to be stolen in the first place, because of course the answer is that legal gun owners are not responsible for 99.999% of crimes involving firearms. They simply aren't.

Absolutely agreed. I like the Israeli schools. They know how to protect themselves.

It's always the same old refrain: "Take away the guns!"

I'm tired of the media driving public opinion before them like the wind. We are so gullible...

Various sources:

The news-media is on fill tilt stupid and clearly out of their element.

This AM on ABC special coverage with George Stiffideculousis the bare armed babe said something like (and I paraphrase): "Highly powered Bushmaster STYLE rifle that fires the high power TWO TWO THREE which is preferred by deer hunters for it stopping power and is used by our military forces in Afghanistan..." (no mention of Vietnam, Grenada, Iraq, etc) .

Last night on NBC dude: "a hand gun called a Glock and a hand gun called a Sig Sauer"

It does not really matter if they get it correct.

From a friend:

http://www.theatlantic.com/international...-deaths/260189/

Quote:
Below is a piece of the attached article that I feel is very eye opening. I have seen comments from many of you out there that now is not the time for jumping right to gun control law changes....if not now, when?? I have also seen the comment "crazy people will do crazy things no matter what". It's time to remove the readily available, mass produced killing devices from their reach. The statistics don't lie. Our gun control laws have created these tragedies and it's time the country takes off their blinders to see that. Forget about what the constitution tells you. History has shown that can change and the time has come!

"But what about the country at the other end of the spectrum? What is the role of guns in Japan, the developed world's least firearm-filled nation and perhaps its strictest controller? In 2008, the U.S. had over 12 thousand firearm-related homicides. All of Japan experienced only 11, fewer than were killed at the Aurora shooting alone. And that was a big year: 2006 saw an astounding two, and when that number jumped to 22 in 2007, it became a national scandal. By comparison, also in 2008, 587 Americans were killed just by guns that had discharged accidentally."

Quote:
I agree with the fact that if the entire country has the attitude that things can't change then they never will. The fact is we have gotten ourselves into this by allowing guns to become such an enormous part of our society and reversing that could take a VERY long time. I understand your desire to protect your family but let me ask you this.....if this were your kids elementary school, how would you having a gun protect them? Our family will spend the majority of their time in society away from that "protection". This is why bigger changes need to happen with the ultimate goal of fewer guns on the streets and a much longer and continuous process to own one.

We have to do what's best.

Is the gun "problem" in this country caused by legal gun owners, or illegal gun users? The answer to that question will dictate whether "gun control" of any kind will fix anything.

Evil does not exist within a gun. Evil exists in the minds and hearts of those who pull the trigger for evil purposes. Annon.

Just my random thoughts:

- Following Kestas' lead, I have to look back on human history and all the atrocities we have inflicted on each other and ask if things have gotten worse, or just different. Think about it.

- I ask if we are doomed to the historical fate of other great empires and are just following a "natural/human/mankind" path that no amount of r,s,and p can fix.

- The gun control debate seems so superficial. Take away all guns vs. arm every citizen....either way is a band aid on more serious issues. Give it a rest.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Wow, I won't ask for trouble but seriously we can't mention the basic foundations of what had made the US a great nation to begin with?

- And finally....really? Does anyone else hold the above view that the U.S. was founded and built on squeaky clean principles? The horrific massacre of our native Americans (women and children also) and the brutal importation and use of African slaves is the basic foundation we are so proud of? Good grief.

My heart goes out to the victims of this most recent massacre. I cannot fathom what everyone there is going through. I am sad, frustrated, and beyond hope for mankind. Personally, I will attempt to find some inner resolution and accept what I can't change, and make a sincere effort to change what little I can.

Semi-automatic weapons seems to be the recurrent theme at these too frequent mass killings. I don't think they would be possible with same severity without them.

I believe in 2nd amendment but the law was writ ten around handguns, rifles and muskets. Hopefully sense comes of this.

guns_vs_mental_health_political_cartoon.jpg

the problem is simple, the USA is awash with firearms with high capacity magazines, and assault rifles that can trace their lineage to the M16,

America more resembles the horn of Africa than Canada or other western democracies

armor piercing rounds, devastating hollow point bullets can be purchased anywhere

it is also your constitution, I can't imagine when it was drawn up they envisioned semi automatic bushmaster rifles or handguns with 14 round capacities, they had muzzle loading rifles, a few shots a minute, not 8-10 bullets a second

this site is also full of NRA gun freedom lunatics who will say guns don't kill people, people do, they will say that a firearm is just as deadly as a pitchfork, rock or glass bottle

nonsense, you cant kill a person from 100 meters with a rock, it can easily be done with a 5.56 bushmaster

your "freedom" that the gun lunatics talk about costs the lives of over 12000 Americans every year, massacres are now commonplace

I expect these comments will be deleted or the NRA machine gun types will jump all over it

well so be it, until you guys are sick of the carnage and body bags this story will repeat itself time and time again in America

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I believe the media has reported that is the wrong Adam Lanza.

After having a serious discussion with some people over a few beers last night, we came to a potential solution that would stop these shy, smart, loner kids from taking out their frustrations and revenge on society: force them to go to the Bunny Ranch in Nevada. I can't think of a better way to get them out of their shells and get them on the path that most men are on their entire lives. Getting rid of "assault rifles" (whatever that means; a revolver in the hands of a competent shooter could have done more damage), banning high cap magazines, any of that non sense isn't going to stop these incidents. These young men need one thing and one thing only. Women. Or a man if that's their thing.

21.gif

Last edited:
For all the anti's out there... Take em all away and you'll see quite plainly that where there's a will, there's a way. It's the same all over the world. Use the internet... Search youtube. You'll see all kinds of terrible non firearm violence.

You'll never stop violence.

edit: You'll never stop violent acts of aggression. Sometime violence (defence) is needed to stop violence.

Last edited:
Having a debate about his stuff anymore in the US is pointless because factions of people are polarized to the point of idiocy.

How much damage did Timothy McVeigh do without using a gun? The kid could have commandeered the door lock system with a single action rifle and shot as many people. Banning guns is not the solution, and given the amount of firearms in the hands of private citizens as it is, any attempt to do so would result in a bloodier civil war then the US already fought. Is that what you want?

Last edited:
I wonder how armed teachers would have played out in some of these horrific school shootings? My bet is there'd be less casualties.

Originally Posted By: 2004tdigls

this site is also full of NRA gun freedom lunatics

your "freedom" that the gun lunatics talk about costs the lives of over 12000 Americans every year, massacres are now commonplace

I expect these comments will be deleted or the NRA machine gun types will jump all over it

Wow. Like there's no other way to dispose of lots of people.

I like guns and have some. Does that make me a "lunatic"??

How many babies are killed in the womb? What is your stance of that?

Same thing. A beating heart is dispatched both ways.

Originally Posted By: Loobed

In May of this year I posted about a new group of thugs called ANTIFA.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...rue#Post2617532

The shooter was a an ANTIFA member. Notice his political views are Anarchy and Communism (underlined in RED). The same as ANTIFA.

The shooter in Aurora Colorado was a member of ANTIFA.

I am fairly certain that Laughner was also ANTIFA.

Charles Whitman was a Marine.
David Berkowitz was a soldier.
Mark David Chapman was a Christian missionary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back