Owned by:
Brent Wright, Male, 68, Consultant,
Quote:
Claysburg, PA

Oil:
Quote:
Mobil 1™ 0W-40

No. of years owned:

434,457 miles - figure ~17mpg avg = 25,556 gallons of gas.

Did he consult for the oil industry? Unless there were more than 2 people +luggage/gear/etc in the vehicle most of the time, that seems like a huge waste of resources.

Well at least the oil was only changed every 15k miles (or every 882 gal of gas).

I think that tig's point was that the owner used M1, even if he did use the wrong grade in his Chevy engine.
Maybe the real point is that a pushrod GM V-8 will last for a long time even with the wrong grade of oil.
I can't imagine driving the same car for 434K.
Maybe the consulting business isn't very good these days?

Originally Posted By: surfstar
434,457 miles - figure ~17mpg avg = 25,556 gallons of gas.

Did he consult for the oil industry? Unless there were more than 2 people +luggage/gear/etc in the vehicle most of the time, that seems like a huge waste of resources.

Well at least the oil was only changed every 15k miles (or every 882 gal of gas).

Then buy him a volt!!!!

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Thats not a real Caddy. It's a Chevy Tahoe with a Caddy Badge. A real Caddy wouldn't make it that long.

well...it's got the 6.0L that was not available in the Tahoes...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mpvue
what IS a 'real' caddy these days anyways? all the GM's havens the same corporate engines.
when he bought this truck in 01 cadillac was using the northstar pile of junk. I guarantee that a ns would have not made 400k

Good lord it had to be in bypass 99% of the time and should of blown up years ago.
lol.gif

yes the 6.0L seems to be a good engine from what I have seen.

But I have seen a neighbors "Caddy" with just over 400K on it. You see it now belongs to a friend of my sons, and he drives it to college runs great. His mom gave it to him it is a 99 Seville SLS with the northstar. His mom said it has been a great car as she drove it for over 12 years as a real estate agent and put many hiway miles on it. She says it has only received normal maintenance like many tires, battieries, brakes, a couple of water pumps, fuel pump, some front-end parts, mufflers etc. I took notice and started asking questions when I saw over 400k on the odo

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
Originally Posted By: Chris142
Thats not a real Caddy. It's a Chevy Tahoe with a Caddy Badge. A real Caddy wouldn't make it that long.

well...it's got the 6.0L that was not available in the Tahoes...

A better comparison would be the Yukon Denali versus the Tahoe which did have the 6.0 as an option.

I do agree that it is far more miles then any caddy. Those 5.3 and 6.0 lasted forever (even the 4.3s.) GM's Vortec engines are bulletproof.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
I think that tig's point was that the owner used M1...

Indeed, tig1 only ever has one point. The title of this thread is misleading, it is not really meant to be a complement to GM. It's classic tig1.
35.gif

Originally Posted By: BearZDefect
I think that tig's point was that the owner used M1...

Indeed, tig1 only ever has one point. The title of this thread is misleading, it is not really meant to be a complement to GM. It's classic tig1.
35.gif

Since extended OCIs are often discussed here, and many are scared to reach out to 10K and beyond I felt this example of the Caddy would be enlighting to others. Wasting resources now days(under 10K OCIs) isn't cool. I know others that are stretching their OCI to 10-15K with great success as the Caddy owner is doing.

Yeah, but he might have run the same intervals and the same miles on any number of other synthetic labeled oils.
He did use XOM's best M1 offering, though.

Yeah, but he might have run the same intervals and the same miles on any number of other synthetic labeled oils.
He did use XOM's best M1 offering, though.

Notice I didn't mention M1, but the fact long OCIs and high mileage engines go together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back