Amsoil Signature 5w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was curious if any of the silicon in my tahoe could be in the add package in this oil, turns out that isn't the case.

Blackstone Comments:
Thanks for sending in this virgin sample of Amsoil Signature Series 5W/30. Unfortunately, the oil didn't contain a significant amount of sodium or silicon, which are the two elements that we've been watching from your Tahoe. That doesn't necessarily mean the high levels in your used oil were from coolant, though... more likely they're residual from some other type of oil you used in the past. If you stick with this Amsoil SSO, you should continue to see sodium drop. This looks like good 5W/30 oil.

Code:

ALUMINUM 3

CHROMIUM 0

IRON 1

COPPER 1

LEAD 0

TIN 0

MOLYBDENUM 145

NICKEL 0

MANGANESE 0

SILVER 1

TITANIUM 0

POTASSIUM 1

BORON 237

SILICON 5

SODIUM 5

CALCIUM 3707

MAGNESIUM 16

PHOSPHORUS 730

ZINC 806

BARIUM 0

SUS @ 210F 60.8

cSt @ 100C 10.45

FLASHPOINT 455

FUEL % -

ANTIFREEZE % -

WATER 0.0

INSOLUBLES % 0.0

Yes, LOTS of boron and calcium, even decent moly if it is the newest 'trimer' stuff.
thumbsup2.gif

Fantastic oil. Love all the extra Moly Amsoil started putting in the newest version.
thumbsup2.gif

Thanks for doing the VOA!

Originally Posted By: MobilinHyundia
My amsoil 0W20 is the silver bottle but its the new formula.
Just think they change the lable during production.

Thanks for the feedback. HOw are you liking that Napa Platinum filter? I love the ones I have used thus far

ive found with smaller 6 and 4 cylinder motors, the 25K mile OCI is indeed realistic if no oil consumption issues. the 4.6 in my mustang seems to wear it out just like any other, but when it was my DD i usually ran about 15k on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back