G-OIL 5w30 7300 miles 06 Frontier XE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caught it right on time. Definitely not an extended drain oil.
This is my Dad's truck. This OCI he went to help out his Bro with construction of shed from Louiville, KY to Baltimore,MD + 300 miles around Baltimore/Washington area traffic. Filter used was P1 ( I posted cut open pic earlier, about a week ago).
Truck has mostly hwy miles and rarely hauls heavy stuff.
Previous oil on report was PP 5w-30 and Bosch filter.
7846764954_8cc66d40b6_b.jpg

Originally Posted By: Indydriver
Are you sure the OC at 98,000 wasn't PYB? PP has never had that much moly in it.
Forgot to metion + can of LM MoS2 added somewher in the middle of the OCI.
PYB would not hold to 10500 miles
smile.gif

Truck has now 4qt of 10w-40 Kendall +1q 10w-30 Synblend Kendall + can of MoS2.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: chubbs1
That is good 'ol G-Oil for you. 'Bout 7500 miles Max and shears into a 20grade but wear looks great!

Thanks for sharing the UOA!

In this truck anyway. I'm sure i can run it in my Civic for 10k without a problem.

Typical G-Oil UOA. Oil shears to a thick 20-grade weight and TBN is very low past 5,000 miles, but wear numbers look good. 5,000-6,000 miles UOA should be safe without taking a UOA IMO.

Still haven't seen a bad G-Oil report! I'm starting to think that TBN doesn't really apply to this oil, there have been no indications of adverse effects from running it 'too long' on any G-Oil report yet.

You added a whole can of LM MoS2 and your Moly count is only 242ppm? You telling me the can of MoS2 only raised your Moly by about 200? Hmmmmmmmm........

Originally Posted By: PolarisLaw
Did the PP really need 3 quarts of make up oil and this oil none? Did this truck leak or burn the PP?
0.3qt. no it does not leak.

Did the PP really need 3 quarts of make up oil and this oil none? Did this truck leak or burn the PP?
have you seen somewhere more? after a can of LM moly? I did not flush out can, this time I poured 1qt of oil, can of moly, then 4 qt to the empty can(still was coming out silverish) and then to the engine from LM can with some shaking.

On my monitor it looks like 3 quarts. I've been wondering if G-Oil esters would solve some of my leak issues and I thought you were onto something.

Originally Posted By: MBS500
have you seen somewhere more? after a can of LM moly? I did not flush out can, this time I poured 1qt of oil, can of moly, then 4 qt to the empty can(still was coming out silverish) and then to the engine from LM can with some shaking.

?

Beginning KV100 = 100, Ending KV 100 = 8.75, 13% Drop.

Beginning HTHS = 3.2, Drop in HTHS is about 1/2 rate of KV, so ending HTHS should be around 3.0.

That is the starting HTHS of most xw-30 oils, so I don't really think there should be much concern with the ending viscosity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back