WATER 0

FLASHPOINT ºF 385

Fuel TR

SUS VIS 210ºF 50.8

cSt @ 212ºF 7.52

TBN 2.4

Last edited by a moderator:
That is impressive, excellent results.
That would be like 16-17K KM OCI for me, I don't think I could do it. I just changed my last fill at 10,300 KM. Probably one of the longest I've ever gone.

Also whats nice about this report is it reflects the REAL sample, no dilution makeup oil. Ford is making some really tight engines these days.

Which engine? What year?
What filter?
Presumed OCI? If typical of the lube performance, I could see 13-15k miles. The wear is so low as to almost be insane. Contamination non-existent.
Lube that good should still be in service!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Also whats nice about this report is it reflects the REAL sample, no dilution makeup oil. Ford is making some really tight engines these days.

+1

No make up oil.

I'm running M1 5w20 EP in my wife's Mazda 3 now. I'm going to run it unitl at least 12k miles. I have a Fumoto Drain Valve that is going on after this run. I want to monitor/test Tbn retention over a long OCI.

Your not using that Ford UOA to gauge a Mazda OCI are you?
15.gif

The M1 0-20 is in both Ford I4s. Even though I don't see a reason to do UOAs at the presant time, when I change the oil it always apears to be clean for the mileage. Engine performs the same at the 10K OCI mark as it does right after an OC.

Your not using that Ford UOA to gauge a Mazda OCI are you?
15.gif

Depending on the year the Mazda and ford 4 cyl engines shared the same architecture and were almost identical.

Last edited:
What kind of air filter are you using?

The Factory air filter. Its a "lifetime" filter and the first check is at 100k miles according to the owners manual.

Edit: The fusion now has about 75k on it currently.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tig1
The M1 0-20 is in both Ford I4s. Even though I don't see a reason to do UOAs at the presant time, when I change the oil it always apears to be clean for the mileage. Engine performs the same at the 10K OCI mark as it does right after an OC.

tig1, the oil in the fusion also comes out sparkly clean, like its brand new. Its ran M1 0w-30 afe since its first oil change after the factory fill was dumped. Good stuff imo!

Originally Posted By: Lillikai
What kind of air filter are you using?

The Factory air filter. Its a "lifetime" filter and the first check is at 100k miles according to the owners manual.

Edit: The fusion now has about 75k on it currently.

Another win for that expensive Visteon air filter system. It's a shame Ford ditched that technology for most (all?) of its cars. It's definitely working for you.

Wow!
I take back most of the bad thoughts I've had about AFE, although this must be a very good engine design as well and I'd say it wasn't used hard.
How is this car used?
Mostly highway?

It's a very good engine design and is not hard on oil. I was most interested in the Tbn retention.

OK I'm confused ...

Who's UOA is this, and on what vehicle?
We've got Buster, tig and lillikai all chiming in.

Settle down, please and will the real UOA and vehicle owner please step forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back