2009 GSXR600 rotella vs motul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: azsynthetic
Originally Posted By: Gravis18
Alright so irrespective of cost what is the best oil to run?

Rotella Dino
Rotella synthetic
Motul 300v

Motul 300v has more than 30 World Champion titles and victories at all the major events. Rotella has never won a professional motorcycle race. You do the math.

Yeah and most racing teams go for horsepower and dont care if the engine only lasts one weekend. Just because a racing team uses the oil does not mean its good for John Q Public's ride. Guys with goldwings have put ooodles of miles on their rides with Rotella. It is a good, low cost oil. May not last as long but its inexpensive and easy to get.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Robenstein
Originally Posted By: Gravis18
Alright so irrespective of cost what is the best oil to run?

Rotella Dino
Rotella synthetic
Motul 300v

Motul 300v has more than 30 World Champion titles and victories at all the major events. Rotella has never won a professional motorcycle race. You do the math.

Yeah and most racing teams go for horsepower and dont care if the engine only lasts one weekend. Just because a racing team uses the oil does not mean its good for John Q Public's ride. Guys with goldwings have put ooodles of miles on their rides with Rotella. It is a good, low cost oil. May not last as long but its inexpensive and easy to get.

In the case of Motul 300V it is very good for any bike (street or strip) and better than Rotella in all respects. In case you can't read either and would like to stay on topic, the OP doesn't care about cost nor does he ride a Goldwing.

rotella is used in almost every single 18wheeler and tractor/combind that brought food to your table to eat.
not 1 drop of motul did.

you do the math!

I've ran Rotella in Honda 1000F, Yamaha Stage 4 Warrior, and Harleys. Never had an oil problem. It will go in my CBX and shovelhead when I get them home. Spend the money you save on gas and tires. Or spend your money on $10 a quart oil if it makes you feel better. Even cheap Walmart 20-50 dino oil will work in your bike.

Last edited:
No but those goldwing guys rack up a lot of miles which would attest the the ability of Rotella to combat wear in an engine pretty well. And if he is going to be doing short OCI's the need for ultra spendy oil is just not there. Why throw away good money on something that is not needed? Just because you have money does not mean you need to waste it. We have seen on this site time and time again how economically priced oils sometimes work extremely well, sometimes even better than the ultra spendy oils.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: sunruh

rotella is used in almost every single 18wheeler and tractor/combind that brought food to your table to eat.
not 1 drop of motul did.

you do the math!

Already did and you still can't read. The OP rides a GSXR600, does not care about cost, specifically asked about Motul 300V or Rotella. There is only one answer, wait for it...........Motul!!!!

High cost does not always equal the best product. Motul is a great oil, but so is the Maxima lubes. Id rather use Maxima oils over Motul. But if I was him, i would have no issue using Rotella what so ever. Worked fine in my older Suzuki GS.

High cost does not always equal the best product. Motul is a great oil, but so is the Maxima lubes. Id rather use Maxima oils over Motul. But if I was him, i would have no issue using Rotella what so ever. Worked fine in my older Suzuki GS.

High cost does mean the best product when it comes to Motul. How else can they justified $25/quart? How about over 30 World Championship? Maxima is a blender and not an oil manufacturer. Their product is basically hit or miss based on overkill known formula from the real oil manufacturers.

BTW, I am running Maxima Ultra 0W30 in my CBR1000RR and not Motul. Why? Because I get it for free from Maxima and it is pretty darn good, almost as good as Motul 300V. Dyno don't lie.

High cost does mean the best product when it comes to Motul. How else can they justified $25/quart? How about over 30 World Championship? Maxima is a blender and not an oil manufacturer. Their product is basically hit or miss based on overkill known formula from the real oil manufacturers.

BTW, I am running Maxima Ultra 0W30 in my CBR1000RR and not Motul. Why? Because I get it for free from Maxima and it is pretty darn good, almost as good as Motul 300V. Dyno don't lie.

Horespower is not the only goal of an oil. I mean there are exceptionally low viscosity qualifying oils that are run for raster times. But if you run them long enough...well....boom. Oils must strike a balance between detergency, anti wear, anti foaming, and shear stability as well as HP. You are thinking too narrowly.

Run what you like, but I have seen Rotella work just as good as many racing oils in several applications.

I have seen Rotella work just as good as many racing oils in several applications.

All hearsay with no real data. The real proof is a championship and Rotella is nowhere to be seen. BTW, Shell does make specific motorcycle racing oils in several viscosity.

[/quote]

Maxima is a blender and not an oil manufacturer. Their product is basically hit or miss based on overkill known formula from the real oil manufacturers.

[/quote]

I am not sure what this means, can you elaborate?

Is this not the same as Amsoil and Redline?

Originally Posted By: rraiderr

Maxima is a blender and not an oil manufacturer.

Amsoil, Red Line, Maxima, etc are blenders.

Mobil, Motul, Shell, Chevron, Total, etc. are oil manufacturers.

Oil manufacturers manufacture oil from crude oil or in the lab. Blenders buy their base stocks from oil manufacturers and blend in additives (again bought from someone else). Blenders are at the mercy of the real oil manufacturers since they can not make anything by themselves.

Originally Posted By: rraiderr

Maxima is a blender and not an oil manufacturer.

Amsoil, Red Line, Maxima, etc are blenders.

Mobil, Motul, Shell, Chevron, Total, etc. are oil manufacturers.

Oil manufacturers manufacture oil from crude oil or in the lab. Blenders buy their base stocks from oil manufacturers and blend in additives (again bought from someone else). Blenders are at the mercy of the real oil manufacturers since they can not make anything by themselves.

Don't the blenders have requirements for the base oils they buy so their oils are not hit or miss?

Do the big oil companies use special base oils that they do not sell to the blenders so they can have a better product?

Blenders blindly trust the specs from manufacturers since they have no way to verify.

Manufacturers do use special base oils that is not available to others. You cannot buy the base oil of the old Mobil 0W40, not sure about the current Visom.

Blenders blindly trust the specs from manufacturers since they have no way to verify.

Manufacturers do use special base oils that is not available to others. You cannot buy the base oil of the old Mobil 0W40, not sure about the current Visom.

Not true. Blindly trust? Please. No way to verify? What?

And the base oils Mobil uses, they sell.

Quote:

Some/most "Oil manufacturers" buy additives from additive manufacturers, some so-call "Oil manufacturers" buy some stock from a variety of sellers.

I have seen Rotella work just as good as many racing oils in several applications.

All hearsay with no real data. The real proof is a championship and Rotella is nowhere to be seen. BTW, Shell does make specific motorcycle racing oils in several viscosity.

What racing are you referring to? I know of some 6 second street trim bikes in some drag racing classes around the country from a team who has even won the championship in years past. There is data there, although not a heavily known class or sport, but still real data.

That right, all those races were won because of the engine oil and nothing else. That is about the same logic as so and so won an NHRA class because they used Fram filters.

That right, all those races were won because of the engine oil and nothing else. That is about the same logic as so and so won an NHRA class because they used Fram filters.

Apparently you know nothing about racing. The products that are used to win are the winning products, whether it is oil or tire or fuel or whatever. Show me one Rotella motorcycle oil on the podium. Show me a year where Motul did not win a professional sanctioned motorcycle race. FRAM is a champion filter because they do win world championship, so is Autolite, Prestone, etc. in their respective product line. Sheeesh, bench racers.....

Originally Posted By: BillyTheKid

What racing are you referring to? I know of some 6 second street trim bikes in some drag racing classes around the country from a team who has even won the championship in years past. There is data there, although not a heavily known class or sport, but still real data.

Where is the data? Any professional sanctioned races should have the data of the winners and their equipments. Parking lot races do not applied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back