Recent Topics
Cheap No Contract phone wanted... Sick of it.
by JGmazda
Today at 02:52 AM
1994 Volvo 945 / Q8 T1000D Dino 10w30 @8000 Km
by miniac007
Today at 02:32 AM
What are your favorite detailing products?
by The Critic
Today at 02:27 AM
Oil Filter Autopsy Question
by Nyogtha
Today at 12:58 AM
Napa Gold (Wix) Oil Filters Threads Machined Badly
by crazyoildude
Today at 12:44 AM
Need oil for car with oil control ring issues
by Oro_O
Yesterday at 11:34 PM
AMSOIL Oil Filter Demonstrator
by CELICA_XX
Yesterday at 11:31 PM
being a dealer tech
by ram_man
Yesterday at 10:38 PM
Mobil 1 X1 ESP 0W30
by spiderbypass
Yesterday at 10:27 PM
Mazda Miata ridiculous oil change interval
by Baveux
Yesterday at 09:48 PM
2 piece engine block on Ford's new 2.7 EcoBoost V6
by gonefishing
Yesterday at 09:47 PM
Sears Die Hard Platinum
by StevenR
Yesterday at 09:35 PM
Newest Members
ArtGarcia, 12e, AnonyBliss, Rits, BMEP
51659 Registered Users
Who's Online
27 registered (147_Grain, Bookmaker, Char Baby, ChiaroBlue, 01_celica_gt, Biggun, 2 invisible), 579 Guests and 167 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51659 Members
64 Forums
221042 Topics
3493764 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Page 7 of 12 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 >
Topic Options
#2656147 - 06/16/12 04:15 PM Re: WIX Filter Failure [Re: ZeeOSix]
mechanicx Offline

Loc: Ohio
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
OK, yeah ... whatever. You don't even have a staw man LOL We are well into time wasting mode now. Believe what you want ... I'm done wasting time here. grin

You're right I haven't made any strawmen. I've been getting plenty from you grin2. I could just copy and paste yours but why bother. You don't seem to take graciously anyone not agreeing with your opinions and assumptions that you only think are indisputable.

#2656183 - 06/16/12 05:11 PM Re: WIX Filter Failure [Re: mechanicx]
ZeeOSix Offline

Loc: PNW
Originally Posted By: mechanicx
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
OK, yeah ... whatever. You don't even have a staw man LOL We are well into time wasting mode now. Believe what you want ... I'm done wasting time here. grin

You're right I haven't made any strawmen. I've been getting plenty from you grin2. I could just copy and paste yours but why bother. You don't seem to take graciously anyone not agreeing with your opinions and assumptions that you only think are indisputable.

The evidence I posted up clearly trumps your weak arguments. You really don't have anything to present except the non-evidential shot at 2:20 which is obviously a weak attempt of trying to convince anyone with better than 20-40 vision that there's a cut in the filter, and the guy must have stomped the removed element with his feet and put it back in the can just to make WIX filters look bad. crazy

Show me the evidence that it was all a hoax. I've shown pretty hard evidence from the two videos that the can was not cut and the guts were crushed and rattling around - and that the filters in both videos were the same one. You have absolutely nothing .. and that's why you are now just tolling and trying to argue for the sake of arguing. You have zero evidence to even back up your arguments ... so what's that, an invisible man argument? LOL

I forgot to comment on this.
But there is signs of a cut at 1:35 and at 2:20 ...

There are obviously no signs of the can being cut at 1:24, yet it magically gets cut between 1:24 and 1:35 while he's handling it and shaking it around? OK ... I believe that. grin

#2656223 - 06/16/12 06:42 PM Re: WIX Filter Failure [Re: ZeeOSix]
mechanicx Offline

This is just your opinion delivered annoyingly. What you claim is indisputable evidence isn't really conclusive. I see what could be a cut line in the seam at 1:24 and also at 2:20. I have 20/15 vision, so it not's because I need glasses.

It doesn't matter if the filter being cut open is certain or not in the first video. The filter just doesn't look right throughout the first video. He could've smashed the filter element with a rod through the inlet holes. I don't believe this guy story for other reasons that have been given. At this point we are just going in circles.

#2656242 - 06/16/12 07:13 PM Re: WIX Filter Failure [Re: mechanicx]
ZeeOSix Offline

This is just your opinion delivered annoyingly. What you claim is indisputable evidence isn't really conclusive. I see what could be a cut line in the seam at 1:24 and also at 2:20. I have 20/15 vision, so it not's because I need glasses.

You must have a pretty vivid imagination and your eyes must see what your mind wants them to see, because there is zero evidence of the can being cut at 1:24. The zoomed in snap-shot I posted shows zero evidence of any kind of cut. The cut in the second video is wide and jagged, and missing paint on the cut edges. If it was cut at 1:24 (or even at 2:20) it would stick out like a sore thumb.

It doesn't matter if the filter being cut open is certain or not in the first video. The filter just doesn't look right throughout the first video. He could've smashed the filter element with a rod through the inlet holes. I don't believe this guy story for other reasons that have been given. At this point we are just going in circles.

The filter "just doesn't look right"? It looks fine except for the imploded guts and that they rattle around inside the can.

I think it does matter to know if the filter is cut open or not in the first video. Since it is not cut open, and the guts are crumpled and rattling around, then he certainly couldn't have removed the element to smash it with his foot. The theory that he put a rod down the base inlet holes and smashed it up doesn't really hold any water, because if that was done the metal end cap and ADBV would show evidence of such action - but it doesn't show any evidence of high impacts from the end of a rod. Straw grasping theory IMO.

Yes, we are certainly going in circles. I'm surprised nobody else has chimed in one way or the other on this lately. Surely the snap-shots of the video aren't that controversy - or is everyone blind? LOL

#2656243 - 06/16/12 07:15 PM Re: WIX Filter Failure [Re: mechanicx]
mechanicx Offline

This guy jaymay http://www.youtube.com/user/jaymay023#g/u who posted the videos posted the two videos 3 months apart. He has over 60 videos many of them about using epoxy and silicone to make "Iron man" motorcycle helmets. The first video's filter looks tampered with. He appears to be a hack and I don't believe him or his story.

#2656246 - 06/16/12 07:21 PM Re: WIX Filter Failure [Re: mechanicx]
ZeeOSix Offline

This guy jaymay http://www.youtube.com/user/jaymay023#g/u who posted the videos posted the two videos 3 months apart.

So? ... who says he had to post them a few days apart to be believable? It's the same filter in both videos. The paint chip pattern on the edge of the base shows that's the case (as I proved with snap-shots). Maybe his motor blew and is now out of the car and he just got around to putting up the video.

If you have a YouTube account why don't you go on there and challenge him about it being a complete hoax and get down the the bottom of it?

The filter in the first video looked "tampered with"? How so? Nothing looks tampered with to me.

#2656255 - 06/16/12 07:33 PM Re: WIX Filter Failure [Re: ZeeOSix]
ZeeOSix Offline

mechanicx - here's a little test for you to conduct. Next time you take an oil filter off, put a rod down the base plate holes and smash the snot out of the element and then show us all that there was no evidence on the ADBV and element end cap of such an action being done.

Heck, maybe I'll do it ... sounds fun. But I'm sure if I posted up photos of the ADBV all chewed up and the end cap all deformed from blunt force trauma from the end of the rod that it would just be concluded it was all a hoax. wink

#2656268 - 06/16/12 07:49 PM Re: WIX Filter Failure [Re: ZeeOSix]
mechanicx Offline

Well first off I believe the filter's been cut and can see evidence of a cut line which you deny. But if it's possible to smash the center tube through the baseplate holes on the WIX, you place the requirement that the second video is the same element. I don't necessarily believe it is same element or can. All we know is the element is smashed in the first video, but we don't see the nature of the damage. There could be damage to the end caps and ADBV that aren't seen, and the second video is a different element.

Also if you were to attempted to crush the center tube of an intact filter I doubt you'll go out of your way to do so without damaging damaging the end caps or ADBV grin.

#2656285 - 06/16/12 08:07 PM Re: WIX Filter Failure [Re: ZeeOSix]
ZeeOSix Offline

You're the perfect conspiracy theory model and representative. I have a feeling that if you were standing right there next to the dude videoing the filter, you'd say he somehow froze time and messed with the filter while you were in time suspension. LOL

It's really not hard to clearly see there is no cut in the filter and the guts are all messed up and rattling around in the first video. All shown between 1:24 and 1:35 ... a mere 9 seconds of time. And clearly no evidence of rod smashing trauma to the ADBV and end cap in the second video. The end caps are not very thick metal, and a rod with even a little force behind it will deform the end cap or the rod will just poke a hole right through the metal. No such evidence in the second video.

I think I will do this rod smashing experiment, just for gags. I know what the result will be ... a smashed up end cap that looks like some guy beat the snot out of it with a rod and hammer. crazy laugh

#2656294 - 06/16/12 08:16 PM Re: WIX Filter Failure [Re: ZeeOSix]
mechanicx Offline

Well if being skeptical here makes me a conspiracy theorist, then you must be a "tin-foil" hat wearer believing every filter failure story that comes down the pike LOL.

Quote:
And clearly no evidence of rod smashing trauma to the ADBV and end cap in the second video. The end caps are not very thick metal, and a rod with even a little force behind it will deform the end cap or the rod will just poke a hole right through the metal. No such evidence in the second video.

Because you allow for no possibility of the 2nd video posted 3 months later to be a different element that was smashed, or a different can, right wink ?

#2656295 - 06/16/12 08:19 PM Re: WIX Filter Failure [Re: mechanicx]
ZeeOSix Offline

Well if being skeptical here makes me a conspiracy theorist, then you must be a "tin-foil" hat wearer believing every filter failure story that comes down the pike LOL.

Nope ... just a guy that looks at the evidence with no bias. Just looking for the facts based on available evidence. I had a lot more evidence showing that it's real compared to your non-existent evidence that it's a hoax. You're the one going on pure conjecture and conspiracy theory mania.

What's a guy with a hacked up 1966 BMW and who makes Iron Man helmets from scratch have to gain by faking a WIX filter failure? crazy

#2656299 - 06/16/12 08:24 PM Re: WIX Filter Failure [Re: ZeeOSix]
boosted Offline

Loc: WI
I like how in the FRAM video the guy says cardboard end caps are just fine and actually stick's together better, then later in the video they show there top tier filter and it has metal end cap's lmao ahahahah, also I have never saw a fram like the one in the other video ever lol.

#2656306 - 06/16/12 08:30 PM Re: WIX Filter Failure [Re: ZeeOSix]
mechanicx Offline

Yeah the evidence is irrefutable and you have no bias but I guess I do smirk.

What does he have to gain by posting the WIX vs Fram video regardless? For that matter, what does he have to gain by posting "Ironman" motorcycle helmets he epoxies together, or the other 60 videos?

What I want to know is why does he have an allegedly intact WIX filter with a broken element and a blown motor and apparently isn't irate and making a legitimate claim against WIX. No instead he's making a Fram vs. WIX video. The whole thing smells.

#2656332 - 06/16/12 09:00 PM Re: WIX Filter Failure [Re: boosted]
ZeeOSix Offline

Originally Posted By: boosted
I like how in the FRAM video the guy says cardboard end caps are just fine and actually stick's together better, then later in the video they show there top tier filter and it has metal end cap's lmao ahahahah, also I have never saw a fram like the one in the other video ever lol.

You must be talking about the FRAM video sayjac linked to. The only reason the FRAM Xtended Guard (now Ultra Guard) has metal end caps is because that filter uses multi-layer full synthetic media with a wire backing. I think the only good way to construct that configuration was with metal end caps. Might be hard to glue all those layers and wire backing to fiber end caps.

Xtended Guard / Ultra Guard is a nice filter ... only FRAM I'd use, wouldn't use any of their other filters though.

#2656336 - 06/16/12 09:05 PM Re: WIX Filter Failure [Re: mechanicx]
ZeeOSix Offline

Yeah the evidence is irrefutable and you have no bias but I guess I do smirk.

I've gone the direction I have based on what I see with my own eyes. If there was evidence that there was something fishy going on, I'd say so myself. The dude's motor somehow caused high pump output pressure and it destroyed the filter element. It's not the first or last time something like that will happen. That's why there are TSBs all over the place in the filter world about what causes such failures. It's not that uncommon.

What does he have to gain by posting the WIX vs Fram video regardless? For that matter, what does he have to gain by posting "Ironman" motorcycle helmets he epoxies together, or the other 60 videos?

What I want to know is why does he have an allegedly intact WIX filter with a broken element and a blown motor and apparently isn't irate and making a legitimate claim against WIX. No instead he's making a Fram vs. WIX video. The whole thing smells.

Maybe FRAM payed him to post up the hoax videos so he can get money to fix his car and buy more supplies for Ironman helmet manufacturing endeavors. thumbsup grin

Page 7 of 12 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 >