Mobil 1 0W20, 5149miles/8287km, 2011 Lexus RX 350

Status
Not open for further replies.
3rd UOA. Oil used was 0W20, not 5W20 as indicated in the report.

This was the first time I put in Mobil 1 AFE 0W20 in the Lexus. Filter used was Purolator Classic.

The 1st UOA was FF. The second UOA was Toyota 0W20 as part of the "Lexus pays for the first oil change" promo.

Latest oil change: oil replaced with Mobil 1 AFE 0W20 and Toyota filter.

Note: distance is in kilometres, not miles!!
lexusuoa.jpg

The manual states that I must change the oil every 5000 miles/8000 kms.

Enjoy!

Wear trending down as it should, oil has lots of life left. Sure I'd be concerned about the copper but it'll settle down. I almost wonder if most of that is just from the oil left behind after the last change.

There was/is a supplement for the 3.5 in Toyota applications at least allowing 10,000 miles on the 0w-20. Maybe your dealer can help with that, or someone else here. I'd assume it's a TSB. I'm sure for warranty purposes you'd want that before you go longer than 5000 miles, but warranty aside I'm sure you could.

I am glad to see the copper trending down. At this point, I am not concerned with this UOA.

@bepperb I think it's a "Canadian" thing that we are required to change oil every 5k. I looked in the manual and it makes no mention of a 10k OCI.

@JRed I used M1 AFE 0W20 in this OCI. I noticed the moly and TBN is significantly lower with the M1 AFE than it is with the Toyota 0W20 which suggests to me that the M1 AFE may go to 7500 miles max. Any longer OCI should go with the Toyota 0W20.

I just changed out the FF in my 2012 Civic at 8000 miles (30% on the MM) and replaced that with M1 AFE 0W20. Makes me wonder if the oil will hold up if I take this OCI all the way to 15% or even 10%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back