Mobil 1 0w-50, 2000 miles, 1991 Nissan 300ZX TT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my UOA from my last oil change... I was curious to see how the Mobil 1 0w-50 Racing oil did in the Arizona heat and spirited driving. So far I can tell that my air filters need cleaned lol Main fuel is VP 110 and Q16 so the lead is high. The sample was cold and had been in the Z for about a year/2000 miles.

Anyway here it is...

91300ZX-UOA.jpg

Originally Posted By: SLO_Town
Is this a joke....the 4711 lead!? Why did Blackstone make no mention?!

Scott

Blackstone made no warning about the lead because they were notified in advance that leaded gasoline was used.

If you look in the upper left of the document, you will see something that says "Gasoline(leaded)"

Scott

I had to look twice also, he is running leaded fuel, so this is normal.

Scott

Why would they? Its perfectly normal (read the oil type and application again...) ;-)

Yea I was wondering how high the lead was going to be, plus it was a cold sample. The Z is tuned for both 110 leaded and Q16 for higher boost which I like
smile.gif
Also, I run a dual intake with K/N style filters... and had to drive home in a dust storm after a car show last summer... so I'm not surprised that they need to be cleaned. How do I read the viscosity... the numbers are in range, but I don't know how to tell the weight?

Originally Posted By: Piranha
How do I read the viscosity... the numbers are in range, but I don't know how to tell the weight?

With a reported kinematic viscosity of 12.86 cSt this would put your oil in the light xW-40 range. You had quite a bit of viscosity loss on this short use.

The range for a xW-50 would be 16.3 - The range for a xW-40 would be 12.5 -
Your oil tested at 12.86 cSt.

Member since 2008 and his second post is a leaded UOA?
Now that's restraint!
grin2.gif

It's interesting to see, but it's hard to really put into perspective because we don't see UOAs like this. Blackstone does a lot of aviation UOAs where leaded fuel is the norm; they are accustomed to seeing this type of Pb content in some applications. The Pb will continue to rise with every gallon of fuel used for each sump load.

Last edited:
Haven't heard the word lead gas in over 20 years! I miss getting 89 octane 10 cents cheaper than 87 octane. I miss getting it less than a dollar too!

Last edited:
Yea lots of VP race fuel and boost... I knew it would be tough on the oil lol I am happy to see the calcium up there... wasn't sure since it is "Racing Oil". I will say the 0w-50 is very smooth in my engine and seems to be worth the investment
smile.gif
I will post up the next UOA and see if the lead content goes down because the with the price of race fuel, I put my 91 tune back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back