Rotella T6 5w40 10k miles, 2009 VW GTI 27k miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
This analysis was done after 10k miles on the Rotella T6 and 27k miles on the odometer of my GTI. Approximately 1/2qt was added around 8k miles. Car has a stage 1 tune and aftermarket intake.

09GTI_UOA_27300.jpg

That looks great! If you've got the average amount of wear in 10K that folks are getting in 5.7K, you're doing well...

+1 IMO....you have found your ticket for this engine. Great results and thank you for sharing your results.

Originally Posted By: chubbs1
I think you have found your oil right here. I wouldn't even worry about trying anything else.

Thanks for posting!

Originally Posted By: mongo161
+1 IMO....you have found your ticket for this engine. Great results and thank you for sharing your results.

Originally Posted By: chubbs1
I think you have found your oil right here. I wouldn't even worry about trying anything else.

Thanks for posting!

+2!

Originally Posted By: ltslimjim
What is the mileage for the Universal Averages at? I'd like to know.

Per Blackstone's comments, 5,700 miles for the VW 2.0L TSI engine

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with it!
laugh.gif
Thanks for the replies.

My driving habits vary quite a bit, so I'll probably just stick to the 10k OCI with the knowledge that I have a little buffer left.

FYI for any other VW folks out there, this oil actually does not hold any VW ratings, but I'm pretty confident it would meet all their requirements if tested.

I wonder if this is an example of the lack of accuracy of blackstone's fuel test. That's a pretty significant viscosity loss to not have any fuel dilution.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: vinu_neuro
I wonder if this is an example of the lack of accuracy of blackstone's fuel test. That's a pretty significant viscosity loss to not have any fuel dilution.

Yes, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back