Pennzoil synthetic blend dexos @ Walmart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a FYI.... I didn't have my camera, and I don't think I've seen it posted anywhere on BITOG yet, but I ran into the Pennzoil synthetic blend last night @ my local Walmart. It was priced at $4.47 qt. They did not have it in the 5 qt. jugs. It had the green dexos label on the front and a production date of 2/2012. Guess SOPUS finally is starting to get the dexos labeling on its products.

Last edited:
Yup, just saw it today at Walmart.
thumbsup2.gif

That's one oil my Cruze won't see. Based on the UOA's to date of AC Delco syn-blend dexos1, even though this syn-blend is dexos1, it's likely not stout enough to stand up to a 10k mile OCI on this pint-size turbo engine. The full-syn dexos1 oils seem to handle longer change intervals in these engines just fine. And for the few extra dollars, I'll run full-syn to change the oil less.

Nice to have choices, though!

Im using mobil 1 right now, and i used pennzoil platinum 5w20 just before mobil, they are both dexos1, i had better perflrmance with pennzoil, engine runs quiet and it suprised me how my engine response better, rev easier, the car feels light. Mobil is excelent too, but maybe last longer and perform a bit less. And the price, of course, is a factor

Originally Posted By: sciphi
That's one oil my Cruze won't see. Based on the UOA's to date of AC Delco syn-blend dexos1, even though this syn-blend is dexos1, it's likely not stout enough to stand up to a 10k mile OCI on this pint-size turbo engine. The full-syn dexos1 oils seem to handle longer change intervals in these engines just fine. And for the few extra dollars, I'll run full-syn to change the oil less.

Nice to have choices, though!

I doubt I'd use it either. QSUD is actually less in price if you do the 5 quart jugs at WM and is full synthetic. I was more excited to see dexos labeling on SOPUS products than anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back