Greasing Toyota Intermediate shaft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have experience greasing the intermediate shaft on a Toyota without removal? Does the grease eventually work its way in to the splines without the manual compressions to distribute the grease? I have the official $12 Toyota grease injection kit, would like to use that simply turning the wheel, not worrying about removal/alignment.

The Camry doesn't? The 01 and on Highlanders do, and I thought it was the same design?

To the OP, I'm sorry I don't have any help. At about 40,000 I could faintly feel the click and I filled the splines with lithium aerosol which was thin enough to work it's way in. Now at 90,000 I can feel it again and am looking for a permanent solution. I think the kit is the only way to get a really thick grease in a tiny syringe for 20 bucks?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Here is the actual TSB

Oh, STEERING intermediate shaft. I was looking for a POWERTRAIN intermediate shaft (for equal-length driveshafts).

Now that I look art the TSB, I'm not sure why you'd want to skip the disassembly step. It looks really easy to do, and then the job would be done right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back