Bosch 3312

Status
Not open for further replies.
05 Odyssey - about 2500 miles - 4 months in use

...just wanted to change it out, cut it open. I replaced it with a SuperTech (Champion non E Core) I had in the stash. Anywayz, I thought you guys might want to see.

Tight Pleats - That junk on the middle top and a little to the right was from opening the can.
IMG00089-20120109-1907.jpg

The crimped seam and wide pleats. Sorry it's is a little foggy.
IMG00090-20120109-1907.jpg

Spring and valve
IMG00092-20120109-1907.jpg

And the inside of the can. Notice the marks on the side from my FilterMag catching garbage.
IMG00094-20120109-1908.jpg

Not too keen on the wide gaps on one side with it tight on the other.

Just my 2 cents anyway.

Why did you change it out now instead of waiting for the oil change. The slightly uneven pleats won't hurt anything unless there are some that are really spread open to the point they can try to flatten out from oil flow. If that happens, the pleat can tear at the end cap - had that happen on a Purolator Classic once.

The engine is a little noisy at startup under a light load. I was thinking that the Bosch might too restrictive, so I threw on one of the Supertech's I had on the shelf and replaced the oil I lost. I don't think it was the filter being too restrictive. More curious than anything else.

Originally Posted By: BobThe
The engine is a little noisy at startup under a light load. I was thinking that the Bosch might too restrictive, so I threw on one of the Supertech's I had on the shelf and replaced the oil I lost. I don't think it was the filter being too restrictive. More curious than anything else.

I doubt the filter was too restrictive unless it was clogged up or the ADBV was defective. Still have the same engine noise?

Originally Posted By: BobThe

I really can't see that. It would be an oil issue. But not an oil pressure issue.

IIRC, the wavy media is because of how it's glued to the metal end-caps, correct(Bosch Premium a Purolator made clone right)?

Almost like they put too much media in, when it's glued then it creates a slight spiral affect and after use can become exaggerated to an extent, but because of 'extra' media for the length it doesn't tear. Not stiff/rigid probably b/c of that, IMO.

I think it's a design choice, not imperfection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back