Briggs & Stratton and Amsoil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Additional Details and Briggs & Stratton

Briggs & Stratton, the world’s largest small engine manufacturer, approached AMSOIL to formulate a synthetic motor oil exclusively for their highest-performing engines. These engines are used in kart, junior drag, quarter midget and other racing applications and present enormous challenges to motor oil. Briggs & Stratton chose AMSOIL due to the company’s quality reputation and technological expertise, and the end product, Synthetic 4T Racing Oil, exceeded expectations.

AMSOIL entered this partnership enthusiastically. It lends credibility to AMSOIL and its products, and offers an exciting opportunity to enhance brand recognition. AMSOIL is one of many companies that manufacture synthetic lubricants, and this partnership is one way for consumers to differentiate AMSOIL from its competitors. Each quart of Synthetic 4T Racing Oil prominently displays the AMSOIL logo next to the Briggs & Stratton logo. This type of co-branding instantly improves Dealers’ opportunities for small engine oil sales. Had AMSOIL declined, a different company (e.g. Lucas, Redline, etc.) would have stepped in and benefited from the name recognition. This would have put Dealers in the defensive position of convincing consumers that AMSOIL was indeed the superior product despite Briggs & Stratton saying otherwise. In fact, the previous product sold by Briggs & Stratton was co-branded with Valvoline.

Finally, this partnership opens the door to increased sales for small engine applications powered not only by Briggs & Stratton engines, but Tecumseh, Kohler, Honda, Kawasaki and others as well. The market contains thousands of potential accounts using countless lawnmowers, snowblowers, pumps other equipment. This partnership immediately brings AMSOIL to the forefront and helps convince potential accounts that AMSOIL is the first and best choice.

AMSOIL currently does not have a synthetic oil for small engine racing applications, so the co-branded Briggs and Stratton Synthetic 4T Racing Oil does not divert sales from other products. And, although the kart racing market is small, Briggs & Stratton is a household name for virtually all consumers in the broader market. Dealers will be able to leverage this product and relationship in their promotional efforts, including displaying the product at trade shows, in one-on-one sales situations and in other ways. This partnership contains tremendous potential and is a win-win for AMSOIL and AMSOIL Dealers.

Synthetic 4T Racing Oil will be available in early 2012 to coincide with the racing season. AMSOIL is working to finalize details on the product’s availability for Dealers, Preferred Customers and for promotional purposes. Watch the Dealer Zone for further announcements.

Boy they hit the big time now. Mobil 1 must be to busy with it's 40+ factory fills in some of the worlds best car manufactures.

Originally Posted By: dave123
Boy they hit the big time now. Mobil 1 must be to busy with it's 40+ factory fills in some of the worlds best car manufactures.

I don't understand why you need to have such an attitude? Why?? I'm pretty curious, actually.

I have used pennzoil strait 30 all my life and every small engine i had always ran forever I have a allis charmers b&s snow blower that still runs great and it was built in 1966..
Who knows maybe amsoil can come up with something better

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Amsoil ACD has run great in my B&S, Robin-Subaru and Honda engines!

True but in the WKA kart racing world that oil could be the difference between sitting on the pole or starting 15th. This racing oil will be along the lines of a 10 weight.

Last edited:
Wow really B&S isn't even really that big in cart racing anymore. Alot of the smaller tracks and kids carts are running them out here but thats about it in my neck of the woods. Yamaha and rotax are the kings

I guess as a dealer the concern would be selling the product as Briggs and Stratton oil? Meaning, is this oil only sold by Briggs and Stratton>distributors, or can a Amsoil dealer sell this oil and still get a decent cut for selling it? Have these details been worked out yet? Great to see a major engine manufacturing (Billions) of engines take note of Amsoil...just hope it is not the start of a slippery slope for the dealers that have worked so hard all these years. Warren oil makes House oils for many companies and I hope Amsoils is not going that route.

Originally Posted By: LargeCarManX2
I guess as a dealer the concern would be selling the product as Briggs and Stratton oil? Meaning, is this oil only sold by Briggs and Stratton>distributors, or can a Amsoil dealer sell this oil and still get a decent cut for selling it? Have these details been worked out yet? Great to see a major engine manufacturing (Billions) of engines take note of Amsoil...just hope it is not the start of a slippery slope for the dealers that have worked so hard all these years. Warren oil makes House oils for many companies and I hope Amsoils is not going that route.

Any dealer will be able to sell it. It will be more obvious than the Volvo Marine Engine oil which didn't have Amsoil anywhere on the packaging.

I suppose eh. I wonder how much mobil pays the automobile manufacturers to use mobil as a factory fill. Only a fool would believe they don't grease a few palms.

Originally Posted By: Clevy

I suppose eh. I wonder how much mobil pays the automobile manufacturers to use mobil as a factory fill. Only a fool would believe they don't grease a few palms.

No doubt. It the old "You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours."

The oil company endorses the car using their oil as the best automobile in the world and the auto manufacturer makes the same claim for the oil.

Numerous fish will bite on both hooks!

I use the small engine formula in my Honda GVC 160. Now that i got a Briggs and Stratton power washer i may use the same.

Originally Posted By: Pablo

I don't understand why you need to have such an attitude? Why?? I'm pretty curious, actually.

Yes, I'd be interested to know why someone from Plymouth, WI would be critical of a WI based company for no apparent reason.
confused2.gif

Originally Posted By: LargeCarManX2

Any dealer will be able to sell it. It will be more obvious than the Volvo Marine Engine oil which didn't have Amsoil anywhere on the packaging.

BUMMER PABLO
THE SLIPPERY SLIDE DOWNHILL FOR DEALERS....

Thursday, March 1, 2012

New Briggs & Stratton® Synthetic 4T Racing Oil Introduced
As previously announced, Briggs & Stratton Synthetic 4T Racing Oil is formulated by AMSOIL and distributed exclusively by Briggs & Stratton. It is now available through Briggs & Stratton distributors nationwide. Although this is a Briggs & Stratton product, beginning March 1 Dealers may purchase up to five cases for personal use and promotional purposes only. Orders can be submitted online or by fax/mail using special order forms in the Dealer Zone (select the Briggs & Stratton Order Form link under the Ordering menu). Because Synthetic 4T Racing Oil (GBS2960) is primarily intended for promotional purposes and is not for resale, there are no commission credits assigned and orders are shipped freight-free.
When Briggs & Stratton, the world’s largest manufacturer of small engines, chose AMSOIL to formulate Synthetic 4T Racing Oil, AMSOIL entered the partnership enthusiastically. Formulating an oil exclusively for Briggs & Stratton’s highest-performing racing engines strengthens the AMSOIL reputation for quality and increases brand recognition. Both benefits help Dealers sell the wide range of AMSOIL synthetic motor oils to small-engine shops, landscaping companies, golf courses, construction companies and other users of equipment powered by all makes of small engines.
Synthetic 4T Racing Oil is formulated specifically to handle the severity of Briggs & Stratton modified competition engines and can also be used in stock engines. AMSOIL DOMINATOR® 5W-20 Synthetic Racing Oil (RD20) is recommended for stock kart racing engines; DOMINATOR 10W-30 Synthetic Racing Oil (RD30) is recommended for stock and modified kart racing engines, including Briggs & Stratton. DOMINATOR Synthetic Racing Oils are also recommended for street applications. Consult the owner’s manual or engine builder to determine the correct viscosity.

It will be more obvious than the Volvo Marine Engine oil which didn't have Amsoil anywhere on the packaging.

Amsoil makes Volvo marine oil? the 30W? Please share!

It not anything to see this happen as both are made IN Wisconsin..and been around for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back