New Wheels, No Oil Info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Traded in the Maybach that is no longer being produced for a new RR Ghost. But there is no service info of any kind, at all, in the owners manual. The only brief mention is if the dashboard monitor indicates that a quart of oil is needed, then:

Use only approved oils belong to viscosity grades SAE 0W-40, 0W-30, 5W-40 and 5W-30.

There are no tire changing instructions, no location of maintenance parts, nothing. Odd.

aehaas

bottom.jpg

Maybe they forgot to include them?

Id think that RR Personal Service would be willing to answer anything and everything?

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Id think that RR Personal Service would be willing to answer anything and everything?

By Personal Service do you mean a chauffeur that comes with the car?
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: AEHaas
Use only approved oils belong to viscosity grades SAE 0W-40, 0W-30, 5W-40 and 5W-30.

For what it's worth, Castrol's UK page recommends Edge 5w-30 for this application. Keep in mind, it's not the same Edge as we have here in the US. Their Edge 5w-30 meets the following specs:

SAE 5W-30,
ACEA C3,
VW 504 00/ 507 00,
BMW Longlife-04,
MB-Approval 229.31/ 229.51,
Porsche C30.

So it's basically dual spec (gas/diesel). For us in the US, I think the equivalent would be any ACEA A3/B3 oil basically.

Also, Mobil's US page recommends M1 0w-40 for this application.

Is it possible there is a second manual that's somehow missing? Seems like an unlikely mistake for an RR dealer, but that's really odd there is nothing in the owner's manual.

I could understand them being vague about the details of maintaining the car since most owners will never lift the hood, but still you would think there would be more info than what to do if your Rolls burns or leaks a quart of motor oil. I bet your Italian stuff came with a lot more instructions.

Originally Posted By: gfh77665
Looking for a real answer for a faux oil application crisis? Naw, just an excuse to post more gaudy photos of your personal wheeled bling. Surely an oil expert like yourself needs no stupid owners manual, just use your regular 0-10 in every application.

Ouch!

Do you actually change your own oil in your stable of cars? If so, my guess is you are the only one in the world that changes his own in a RR. Beautiful machines.

Last edited:
Quote:
Just looks like you wanted to post pictures of your flashy expensive collection to me, go to the dealership and ask them, I doubt anyone here knows exactly what grade of oil to use better than the RR themselves.

And you are the only person I have ever seen that owns a RR that actually does his own maintenance..

The service department at Bentley/RR Tampa Bay is tight lipped. They do not want you to have any information at all.

I prefer to gather as much information as possible before a task is performed. Sure, there is always a way but I prefer the use of service literature to make informed service decisions.

The tires are Goodyear EfficientGrip run flats.

This car goes, probably 0-60 in around 4.5 seconds, really powerful pick up. I am liking it more every day.

aehaas

Nice Ride.... What color is the interior? I really like the paint on that car, is that blue or some other color in the blue family?

Are they built in Germany or England?

Let me help out here. I suggest Mobil 1 0-W20 at 7,500 mile increments. I would resist the urge to put Motor Medic or Seafoam into the crankcase, at least for now. If you have a nice pair of pliers, let's get some user-serviceable zerk fittings wherever possible on the suspension. Hope that does the trick.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
I could understand them being vague about the details of maintaining the car since most owners will never lift the hood,

I've heard the hood doesn't lift on this car. It's all lifetime fluids/parts.
lol.gif

The exterior is a dark blue, interior is a creamy white but I have no pictures. The only other one I have is:

b2.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: AEHaas
The service department at Bentley/RR Tampa Bay is tight lipped. They do not want you to have any information at all.

I prefer to gather as much information as possible before a task is performed. Sure, there is always a way but I prefer the use of service literature to make informed service decisions.

The tires are Goodyear EfficientGrip run flats.

This car goes, probably 0-60 in around 4.5 seconds, really powerful pick up. I am liking it more every day.

aehaas

Really nice car, as are your others. Have you tried the UK site? Maybe they are more forth coming than the US site or your dealer. Maybe the Amsoil sight has info on your vehicle reguirements.

PS. You live in the "nicest side of FL", the Gulf Coast.

Whimsey

Nice ride doc, enjoy!

I expect you are the (rare) exception rather than the rule when it comes to servicing your own RR. So, not really odd to me there is little or no service/maintenance information in the OM.

Good luck in your quest for service/maintenance info. Keep us informed with what information you find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back