Kreen Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would it blow? Ive ran it in so many engines i stopped counting and haven't had one blow or suffer a lube related failure yet.

Originally Posted By: steve20

Yup Yup Yup, they are always the quietest right before they blow!

A good example of how all humor is not good humor...

Originally Posted By: teambeechstreet
I'm running a pint of Kreen in my 90 civic and the valve train noise at cold start has reduced considerably.

Thanks for the update.

I will treat mine in the spring.

Jim

Oh, that is just IT, I have GOT to get some Kreen!!!
banana2.gif

If your engine has deposits or varnish it certainly wont hurt, generally whiz Bang in a can is not needed today.
Today's oils do such a good job at keeping engines clean there should be no reason to add anything else into the crankcase.

That's the ideal world but in reality owner neglect, PCV design issues and used cars with an unknown history sometimes have deposit issues and need a little help.
Owner neglect or simply not understanding what severe service means are the most common reasons for deposit issues by far in my experience.

Not to contradict Trav, but in our case the duty cycle caused deposit buildup despite above average maintenance and synthetic oils.

Kreen simply cleans. Now. IMO if your engine is over 100-150k miles you should give it a shot if you experience any sludging or ring sticking.

Steve that's right thanks for pointing that out, i rarely see fleet or high usage vehicles so that would be another reason.
I am not an advocate of additives but I'm not against them either if there is a reason.

Case in point, i have one customer that does 3K OCI with Mobil 1, the engine is spotless and quiet but yet they insisted on cleaning it'
Apparently a friend of theirs was claiming the engine was running like new when i ran Kreen through it for 1K.
They were disappointed when it did nothing for them.

I hope no one takes this as i am trying to persuade or dissuade the use of additives, I'm only trying to clarify their intended use.

I know I posted it way back in this thread, but my oil burning Saturn still burns less oil than before Kreen treatment #1, something like a year ago.

I recently did it again before the Winter PP run and it sure gave it a little extra kick. Oil burning is is now low & acceptable.

Originally Posted By: tpitcher
I know I posted it way back in this thread, but my oil burning Saturn still burns less oil than before Kreen treatment #1, something like a year ago.

I recently did it again before the Winter PP run and it sure gave it a little extra kick. Oil burning is is now low & acceptable.

Sounds good to me!

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: tpitcher

Sounds good to me!

That is impressive. Curious, what is consumption rate like now?

Oil consumption is lower on the Saturn SL-1, close to 1 qt. per 1800 miles. This is on Dino.

The Winter PP run only has ~1200 on it, and I put in about 2/3 quart.

Well, after reading this thread I may have to try it too, if I can get it. I have a couple pics here of my son's 2000 Saturn SL2 from replacing the cam cover gasket. A little dirtier than I would like. Right now I'm planning to go to a HDEO next OCI for probably two and after that I'll likely pull the cover again. If I'm still not happy I think I will try to get some Kreen and give it a shot.

Could be an interesting series of pics....

Just received my pack of KREEN today. Poured in about 600 ml in my engine. And the remaining in the gas tank which had about 5-6 gallons in there. I ordered 1 Gal + 1 Qt. used te qt for now.

I still have about 2000 kms left in the OCI.

Originally Posted By: MeaMurano
Just received my pack of KREEN today. Poured in about 600 ml in my engine. And the remaining in the gas tank which had about 5-6 gallons in there. I ordered 1 Gal + 1 Qt. used te qt for now.

I still have about 2000 kms left in the OCI.

Let us know how Kreen works out for you, this seems like a great product.

Trying an OCI with Kreen in a 94 Surburban 5.7 with 293K miles. It is very carboned up under the oil fill cap and is spraying oil out of the dipstick tube over 3K rpms. its a buddy's truck, so I am hoping overtime, it cleans it up and stops whatever is causing the oil to backup out of the tube. The PCV has been changed so hopefully it just needs some cleaning up... A lot of cleaning up. LOL.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Boss302fan
Trying an OCI with Kreen in a 94 Surburban 5.7 with 293K miles. It is very carboned up under the oil fill cap and is spraying oil out of the dipstick tube over 3K rpms. its a buddy's truck, so I am hoping overtime, it cleans it up and stops whatever is causing the oil to backup out of the tube. The PCV has been changed so hopefully it just needs some cleaning up... A lot of cleaning up. LOL.

I for one would be interested in your results. Keep us posted! Thanks!

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

I for one would be interested in your results. Keep us posted! Thanks!

never heard of oil spewing out of the dipstick tube. WOW!

...spraying oil out of the dipstick tube over 3K rpms. its a buddy's truck, so I am hoping overtime, it cleans it up and stops whatever is causing the oil to backup out of the tube. The PCV has been changed ...

If that were my vehicle I would check for the correct dipstick, and the correct oil level. That, or the PCV system is still not venting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back