M1 5w30/0w40 2252mi. '09 Altima 2.5S

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a UOA on a mix I did with 3qts of M1 5w30 (SN) and 0w40 (SN). I just wanted to try it out of curiosity. It was in use for 4 months in the peak of a very hot FL summer with lots of AC use and major short trips about 500miles were put on in the first 3 days and the rest was all short trip stop and go. I know I will take some flak for dumping this oil early but I genuinely never saw a UOA this good coming. RedLine SI-1 was used 2 tanks before I changed the oil. I will definitely be going back to this mix and run two 6 mo. intervals. I still find it amazing due to the conditions. Almost everything I need is with-in a 4mile round trip.

Fram Xtended Guard for the OCI.

Air Filter WIX

(If it wasn't mentioned it was 0)

Aluminum 2
Iron 2
Copper 1
Lead 1
Moly 58
Silver 1
Boron 158
Silicon 6
Sodium 19
Calcium 2058
Mag 332
Phos 713
Zinc 752

SUS 210F 60.6
cSt 100C 10.4
Flashpoint 430
Insols .01%
TBN 8.2

Last edited:
That is really a great UOA. BUT, I think a major factor is the fact that your Altima is a relatively new car. It's older cars that really have the issues with short trips because of less than optimal tolerances.

Oil isn't expensive, I would rather change it sooner than later if it's a car I plan on keeping. If not for any reason but to keep the car at it's peak performance MPG wise. One less mpg costs around $73 a year for a person driving a 25 mpg car for 12,000 miles a year. Although you really did undershoot your interval by a lot; live and learn!

Iron 2ppm on M1 !!!
banana2.gif

I might have to do a mix
of 0w30 AFE & 0w40 !

Hmmmm... interesting report. Crazy high TBN and flashpoint. I sure wouldn't have dumped it that early though. I learned that it's better to pull a sample and wait to see what the report looks like before deciding to drain the oil, based on the report. You could have kept this and ran it 3x longer based on the results.

Originally Posted By: Artem
Hmmmm... interesting report. Crazy high TBN and flashpoint. I sure wouldn't have dumped it that early though. I learned that it's better to pull a sample and wait to see what the report looks like before deciding to drain the oil, based on the report. You could have kept this and ran it 3x longer based on the results.

C'mon Artem! You are right I should of sampled it. BUT..Check and Mate. (I had to get you for this one)

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2341272#Post2341272

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back