what oil for motorized 2 stroke bicycle- pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a kit built motorized bicycle that I bought for my son at college. I found out that he could ride it as a moped without insurance or a cycle endorsement.$12 for 3 years. The thing is a blast .25mph plus. I spent 12 hours correcting things that the previous owner did wrong or broke. I was wondering what would be a good oil for a cheap chinese 2 stroke. I used penzoil yellow bottle multi use 2 stroke oil for my first gallon and someone gave me a little bottle of red max (citgo) semi .
Not sure what to use and unsure of the proper mixture.
Any thoughts?

img00114201109191456.jpg

By double1trouble1 at 2011-09-19

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
img00112201109191455.jpg

By double1trouble1 at 2011-09-19

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A two cycle oil that meets a TCW3 spec. Pennzoil is good. I can't advise about the oil/gas mix but, older style outboards used to use something about 30:1. I guess I'd try that but, maybe you can Google the motor name and get some good information.

Yeah go buy some 2 stroke oil for use in things such as air cooled chainsaws or string trimmers.

I would say a 30 or 40 to 1 mix is probably best.

They are selling G-oil 2cycle TC rated oil in walmart lawn and garden now..

just my 2cents (I had a coupon from the FAR rebate)

20110918190145997.jpg

By randi4ni at 2011-09-19

Originally Posted By: boraticus
Any TC3 oil will do. No need paying more for the oil that what the engine costs.....

As far as I have found so far , tc-w3 will work but is really the wrong oil because of the ash content. I'm sure that in China , they use any oil that will burn. You see those bikes on travelogues and they all smoke like crazy.
It seems that jaso fd which is a semi or a full synthetic racing oil rated tc (like amsoil dominator)would be best , but I am looking for a more reasonable priced oil. The redmax I was given and carried a Lowe's is a fd oil. It is about $2 for a 2.6 ounce bottle. Not exactly cheap , although I probably wont use more than a couple per season.

Any ideas for decent semi fd rated oil?

Im with most everyone on this, a inexpensive 2 stroke oil would be my route.. Ive used dozens, almost all seemed identical when in use.. i buy whats on sale when it comes to this application for my mixed fuel/oil motors.

P.S. that bike is ubber cool.. i wanna ride one
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: chad8
Originally Posted By: boraticus
Any TC3 oil will do. No need paying more for the oil that what the engine costs.....

As far as I have found so far , tc-w3 will work but is really the wrong oil because of the ash content. I'm sure that in China , they use any oil that will burn. You see those bikes on travelogues and they all smoke like crazy.
It seems that jaso fd which is a semi or a full synthetic racing oil rated tc (like amsoil dominator)would be best , but I am looking for a more reasonable priced oil. The redmax I was given and carried a Lowe's is a fd oil. It is about $2 for a 2.6 ounce bottle. Not exactly cheap , although I probably wont use more than a couple per season.

Any ideas for decent semi fd rated oil?

There's a difference between TC-3 and TCW-3. I suggested any off the shelf decent quality TC-3 not TCW-3. TC-3 is more suitable for air cooled two strokes. Personally, I use nothing but Canadian Tire Motomaster brand two cycle oil. I buy it by the gallon for as little as $14.00/gal. and use it in numerous two cycle applications, from restored vintage Yamaha RD motorcycles to 13000 rpm chainsaws. Never a problem. I'm certain that it or something similar will be more than suitable for your engine and the cost is more than acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back