Delo 15w/40. Jeep 4.0, 3350 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
My average is the 1st line, universal 2nd line.

Jeep had a total of 30,650 miles.

Aluminum 4/4
chr 2/1
iron 20/28
copper 5/5
lead 1/5
moly 85/35
nickle 1/1
mang 1/1
potassium 4/2
boron 3/43
Si 16/12
sodium 5/8
cal 3096/1998
mag 6/272
phos 1017/766
zinc 1334/929
barium 3/0

[email protected]
flash-375
fuel-2.0
insolubles-.02

The previous oil was Torco SR5 and the moly is probly left over stuff? Or is Chevron putting Moly in the Delo now?

When I was 1000 miles into this oil Terry contacted me regarding my last UOA and he thought something was wrong with my air filter.

I removed the filter (wix) and it was obvious that it was not sealing well. Lots of dust in the housing. Replaced with a new Fram airfilter.

I dunno whats with the Fuel dilution. This is the 1st time it's showed up.

lotsa fuel...aren't you due for a plug refresh ..or have you already done one?

I would have expected better numbers from this oil over that duration ..not that it's not respectible. Your flashpoint is down 85°F. The viscosity appears where it should be.

Do you intend to run another OCI on this oil? I think if you can get the fuel issue resolved that this would do much better next round (beginning to believe many of the "cleaning out" theories that appear from time to time).

quote:

Originally posted by Chris142:

Please clarify...which line is the current UOA for the Delo 15w-40. Saying one is universal and one is average means about the same to me. Just by calcium, phosphorus and zinc numbers, i'm guessing the first one is the current analysis.

Hammer

quote:

Originally posted by Hammer:

quote:

Originally posted by Chris142:

Please clarify...which line is the current UOA for the Delo 15w-40. Saying one is universal and one is average means about the same to me. Just by calcium, phosphorus and zinc numbers, i'm guessing the first one is the current analysis.

Sorry bout that.

Hammer

The first # is my sample then after the slash is the average according to Blackstone.

I replaced the spark plugs at around 25K. When I drained the oil for this sample ST 10w-30 went in so I could afford to send the sample...I'm a little broke this time of the year
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back