Motorcraft SemiSyn 5W-20 9,550 Miles Honda Fit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heavy Hypermilling lots of FAS
whistle.gif

Honda meter was at 20% and not saying it was time but I pulled the trigger.
92011hondafit9500miles.jpg

cha938.png

938.png

If you were hypermiling you were certainly not idling excessively so what is the dealeo? I too FAS some and wonder if it has detrimental results on any of the systems. What do the wiser than me sayers think about forced auto stop and fuel dilution? Possible connection?

Fuel in the oil was a surprise and I have no clue. Eng runs well. Other test before this with Blackstone did not show that issue.

My typical high speed P&G w/ FAS is between 45 and 55 (sometime 40 min) with two bump starts per 1 min. Pulse may last 5 to 10 sec depending on the wind and if up an over-pass. City traffic is way less speed and very dependent on the lights. This fill had almost all like that as I stepped up my hypermilling game this year.

Last edited:
Am I correct in assuming this is a car issue, not an oil issue? I have been running this oil in my Prius and changing every 5-6K miles, but am out of warranty and thinking 7500mi intervals would be nice and easy to keep track of... I am not sure I'll stick with the MC SS 5w20, but folks say it is great stuff (may come down to price at any given time vs. full syn on sale/rebate). Thanks, Doug

Originally Posted By: dparm
Fuel dilution is high. Lots of stop-and-go traffic? Or do you have a leaky injector?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back