Maxlife Nextgen 5w30, 4100 miles, 06 Tahoe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried Valvoline Nextgen Maxlife in our 2006 Tahoe with 105,000 miles on it. Looks like it did pretty good. I think it's OK to run it for at least 5000 miles next time.

Tahoe2_UOA.jpg

This "green movement" what a bunch of garbage, I guess we see the true colors now. JK.

I am joking of course I hope this will shut up some of these critics. I know we need more data but this is a great indication of a great wearing engine and a great oil.

I was going to try Mobil Super HM sometime. But I don't know if it's worth changing since the Maxlife did so good in my Tahoe.

Now I am impressed I must say. The sodium levels are fairly typical of Valvoline, is that a correct statement?

Originally Posted By: Challenger71
Now I am impressed I must say. The sodium levels are fairly typical of Valvoline, is that a correct statement?

Yes. Not sure which oils of theirs definitely don't have 'much' added, but the MaxLife seems to have higher sodium levels for sure. 300-350 ppm seems typical. Which is why it's encouraged to use another oil trying to track a coolant leak. I'm having to get away from their MaxLife 'red bottle' in my father's S-10 Chevy to do just that.

To be clear, I use and would recommend their MaxLife product.

better then the reg max life
smile.gif
well i dont really know but with those numbers green oil is doing a good job run to 8k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back